Vive tracker firmware not updating

Fgecic2

I received a Vive tracker with the PP Gun accessory. The tracker shows as a Vive controller and that it needs a firmware update. However, when connected to the pc by a usb cable, the firmware will not update. It might be because it shows as a controller, not a Vive tracker. How can I update this trackers firmware? Is there a way to switch it back to tracker from the controller mode?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the late reply. The PPGun manufacturers seem to be shipping the Vive trackers to consumers in a non-standard state. I can send you the piece of software you need to use to alter the "role" of the controller. Please shoot me a private message with your email address and I'll email the software to you as soon as I see your message. 

David,

I'm experiencing the same issue with the PPGun Tracker.  Can you email me the software as well?  There's not much out there about this so thank you for offering a solution.

Mark

[personal information removed]

Sorry the the long reply due to the holiday weekend. I would recommend contacting PPGun as that may be an issue on their side. We really only provide support for the tracker itself and the accessory makers handle care of the actual product. 

Happy to send it over. I've sent you an email with further instructions.