Why is repair such a horrible experience? No Tracking.

SamM

I sent in a vive Base Station on the 24'th of Feb, the ticket was opened on the 20'th. It was recieved on the 26th, according to the Carrier. I have chatted with a representative who assured me that it was recieved. but as of this date I still can't track the repair process in the system, it doesn't show recieved. If my ticket is closed due to the apparently perma broken tracking system. I have the chat logs to pursue this. I am just wondering why such an expensive item is so hard to get fixed. I used to work in a repair center and customers would have had our jobs if this was normal. and from reading the steam and Vive forums this is normal. It is under warrany, not even 1 month old, wont even light up. was wall mounted. so no damage. If you cant fix it in a timely fashion, or send me an email, replace it. 

Sam, my issue was ongoing for a year! I hope you get this resolved quickly and if they do... write an "Update" in this post stating that they took care of you.  Lets let everyone know about the good  as well as the bad. This way they will see their actions have a real world effect. Good luck!

Did you provide the information requested ? Things go wrong from time to time- part of life. It is not always a sinagular cause or directly related specifically to the company. Think your Vive is difficult to get repaired?  wait until you own your first 60K car  or your plumbing fails- and you will begin to see not all is perfect.  This process does not have to be a ‘horrible experience’ -  it will be - if you have decided thats what it is ahead of time. In fact- there is NO chance of it not being a ‘horrible experience’. You have already chosen it to be! 

You could turn it around into a learning experience- or god forbid- you may even come out on top- if you learn to play your cards right.

My advice for you- keep patient, but chase up. If you are not receiving response via web- contact directly via telephone.  Explain clearly and assertively. You will sort it. 

And for the second poster mate - I find it a long stretch that any issue could take you 12 months to have rectified- and if it did take 12 months - you really need to develop a better set of problem solving skills. Because, that really is the most absurd nonsense I have heard in sometime.

You are one number- out of millions. Vive is not a resturant. You need to chase up.

I can check with my colleague about it, but at this point we're experiencing longer than normal turn around times on repairs due to a change in service centers (which, incidently, is also why the tracking page does not accurately reflect the status of the repair)

We're all working as fast as we can to get the situation resolved for everyone. If you'd prefer, you can PM me and I can investigate it as well, but I'll follow up with  at least.

Thank you!

-John C

Having worked in a Repair Dept for years I am quite able to provide the correct information and follow up. I have also after that spent years in the cellular industry "sorting out" problems with leased lines from other carriers. So trust me my skills are up to the task. I won't even let my Early Onset Parkinson's and resulting health issues slow me down there.

It never does well to assume too much about another person before throwing your opinion at them. I have been all over this forum reading horror stories. And if you go to Steam Forums you will read the same. This is me chasing up .

My RMA of a joypad was smooth enough though not the fastest.  It was logged ok then I was sent a shipping label, if I remember correctly the item was returned to HTC in romania.

Emails were a bit mistleadng as for example I had already receieved my replacement pad back to and maybe a week later I received an email to say my item was now repaired and in the warehouse pending despatch.

Maybe took 5 weeks from me dropping it off at a UPS collection point to a replacement (infact it was a fix, it was my same pad back and even the same box I used to ship it).

I recieved a replacement base station in the mail today, all appears well Thanks for the help. The lack of tracking was frustrating but at least I had the reason explained and things worked out

Archived