Vive Tracker 2.0 Issue

zJager

I've contacted the Live Help about the issue that I'm currently having and he redirected me towards the Community Forums.   I ordered 3 of the Vive Trackers 2.0 and have received them yesterday.  

Here is the issue I am having:

I can have 2 trackers connected at a time without a problem but the 3rd one would not connect unless it is connected by USB.  I am currently heading out to buy a longer USB cable as a quick fix but I just wanted to find a way to fix the wireless problem.  It flashes as connected for a few seconds then it disconnects and gives me an issue that the firmware needs to be updated.  I've updated multiple times attempting to fix this and even followed a guide found on reddit about multiple trackers to no avail.   

I currently only have the three trackers as wireless products around my PC or near my PC so I'm not exactly sure what the problem is.

I notice you need to update your firmware. Have you tried that? You're also in the beta, so you might try switching back to the release version to see if that helps.

Are you sure you don't have any other wireless devices? Not even a wireless router or laptop with WiFi?

Thank you,

-John C

I have updated the firmware multiple times but it does not seem to help much, it always results in only the HMD being updated instead of the trackers.  I have reinstalled SteamVR with the basic one (non-BETA) and it did not work so I went back to the BETA to check if it would work and nothing.  I'll give it another shot later.  

The laptop I use with wireless is in my backpack and off.  The wireless router is across the house at the moment and I'm using a 25ft ethernet cable to connect at the moment.

Thanks for the reply though Syn 

Okay I may have found the issue, it may be with the USB Dongle.  The other dongles seem to work correctly with the pucks.  Once I try to pair with this dongle it seems to be having issues.

I reinstalled windows just to check out if it was an issue with any of the applications I had installed and the issue was still there. I’m starting to get a little worried about it. I will cycle through the singles later and re-pair with each one and see if there is an issue on that part. It just seems like it’s mainly one tracker giving the issue but I will reply once I’m finished.

Okay, I found out it was one of the dongles that is causing the issue.  Let's call this dongle, Dongle C

I can pair Tracker C to Dongles A and B but not to Dongle C, I then repeated to pair Trackers A and B with Dongles A and B.  I then paired Trackers A and B to Dongle C and it gives the wireless issue like posted above.   So I'm guessing it's a faulty USB.  

I'm redoing the pairing right now to see if it infact is this USB Dongle giving me the issue but this is what I get with that certain dongle plugged in.  I get this result for all 3 trackers.

Archived