Wake up HMD from SteamVR

thatch

I have to remotely login to our clients sytem to update builds of our app and update steam,drivers etc. Most of the time there is no one at the other end to nudge the headset out of idle mode so the app wont get past steams loading screen. Is there a way of stopping the HMD from going into idle mode or waking it up from steamvr interface?

There are couple of things you can try. First, there is a proximity sensor in between the lenses, place a piece of opaque tape over that sensor so it believes there is an active user - this may be all you need in your use case. 

On the desktop side, in SteamVR's developer settings there is a checkbox to disable headset idle mode. 

WIthin the SteamVR settings within the HMD, under settings there is a power management tab that controls the compositor's idle settings. 

The headset's idle mode is only to keep the LCDs longevity. I believe it only turns the LCDs off. The rest of the components in the headset should still be working and thus tracking. I woudn't recommed keeping it on all of the time. You can confirm this yourself by "Display Mirror" via SteamVR context menu.

What is the reason you need the LCD to be on? You can launch any experience and it should wake up the LCD panel, albiet it for a short amount of time but that may work for what you need.

FOO

Archived