Roaming VR: 2.0 tracking solution?

VictoryVR

Hello! Our team wishes to set up a roaming VR space of 1000 square feet, utilizing the Vive Pro's increased range capabilities. 
It has been advertised that the Pro can support more than 2 base stations in order to increase range and stability. 

• As a test, we set up 4, 2.0 base stations at each corner of a reasonably-sized space, larger than the typical Vive play-area, but much smaller than our target size. 
  • We then attempted to run setup. SteamVR refused to play nicely with more than 2 base stations, nor with the increased play area, insisting that the base stations were too far from one another.
  • SteamVR also struggled to accept 4, or even 3 base stations at once.
  • SteamVR would consistently lose tracking and appear to fly off into space when inside the headset.

Does there yet exist documentation for setting up a large, free-roam play area using the Vive Pro and the 2.0 base stations?

, The advanced featureset of SteamVR 2.0 tracking is not yet something that's officially supported -  more information will be made available as soon as possible. 

Something like this is going to be a lot easier and cheaper to accomplish with standalone HMDs like the Focus. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same issue with my facility. I have 10 htc vive pro's, I bought this product because of the abilities to have a larger play area with multiple stations using a few base stations. I am stuck using s-0,s-1,s-2,s-3 channels and not the 16 that was promised. Someone like myself who owns an arcade that spent 1400 per headset and should not have the issues i am having with tracking because the product was sold on that specs that were promised.  I have another arcade opening soon and I need your product to work for my business to be successful. 

I am having the same issue with my facility. I have 10 htc vive pro's, I bought this product because of the abilities to have a larger play area with multiple stations using a few base stations. I am stuck using s-0,s-1,s-2,s-3 channels and not the 16 that was promised. Someone like myself who owns an arcade that spent 1400 per headset and should not have the issues i am having with tracking because the product was sold on that specs that were promised. I have another arcade opening soon and I need your product to work for my business to be successful.

• 9 months later...

Archived