VIVE VR SYSTEM -- Out of Stock

I can't find any news about when or if the VIVE VR SYSTEM will be back in stock. I have a 11 year old boy that has been saving up since last year to get this. He believes it will take another year to save up to get the vive pro and is very upset. Does anyone have any information that  the HTC vive system will be available  in the future. My son is doing all his chores and sold everything that isn't glued down on Next door to get to his 500 dollar goal. He has done everything that my wife and I have asked, like getting great grades and helping around the house without complaining. Its now time for me to step up and find out what he has worked for is not available.  Thanks for any information.

, You seem to have caught us during a restock phase. Some of our 3rd party distributors (Dell, Gamestop, Microsoft... ect) should have them in stock but it will vary depending on your region. North America's Vive.com stock should be replenished soon but I don't have a time on when that's anticipated so a 3rd party may be your best option if you'd like to place an order sooner than later. 

• 3 weeks later...

, restocking is currently underway and will continue until we reach normal availability. Unfortunately, availability is very region specific as well as specific to whichever seller you're considering (and some have backlog orders to fulfill) so I can't give you a firm timeframe as it will be variable. Hopefully all channels will be at 100% within a few weeks. 

I'm in Canada, New egg is out of stock, best buy which is about the #1 store for electronics up here  is also out. I've been watching Youtube videos for weeks drooling lol, I can understand the little guy for being frustrated I want one of those too I almost bought "the other" system but I didn't, the reviews for the VIVE are so much better even though they say what you see is the same but VR is also a question of tracking where the VIVE is much better. 

Don't forget Canada Vive peoples loll

I noticed that yesterday, the Vive was listed as in-stock, but today it is listed as out of stock.  Was this a glitch?  Or did you have some Vive's ready to be shipped and so you listed it as in stock again?  I have no idea, but I've been waiting for a good month to buy mine at this point and I am curious as to when they will be back in stock. 

, The website will only list "in-stock" if there units available at your regional fulfillment center. Since there are quite a number of people also looking to buy, you may have just missed whichever stock was available at the time in your region. Restocking is ongoing and will continue until we're back at full supply. 

Has there been any further development on this issue? We have been waiting for quite awhile to purchase the system and now as we are attempting to do so we find that every site (including 3rd party sites) are out of stock. It would be helpful if you could give us an estimated timeframe that we might be able to purchase this product so we don't have to go looking at another VR system to get for our son's birthday...

Archived