Download The Blu gives 'Download Error Internal Error' Message

soozical

Bought The Blu in the Viveport promotional sale, but download keeps failing and giving 'Download Error Internal Error' message. It also says that downloading it will take a ridiculous amount of time, like 278 minutes, when I have no issues downloading games from Steam.

Screenshot Attached.

This also happened to me several times while downloading a few games. I believe that it had to do with my computer going into sleep-mode while I waited on the download. I simply woke up the computer, and hit the yellow refresh button next to the item download, and it started right up at it's last spot. "The Download Internal Error" was a bit confusing though, at first I thought something was was really wrong, but it turned out to be just fine. Does that work for you?

wrote:

Bought The Blu in the Viveport promotional sale, but download keeps failing and giving 'Download Error Internal Error' message. It also says that downloading it will take a ridiculous amount of time, like 278 minutes, when I have no issues downloading games from Steam.

Hey , thanks for the report and the screen, which always helps.

The timing thing is a known bug which we're looking into. It's accurate more often than not, but it can go a little wonky. Generally I find Viveport downloads about the same speed as Steam, but our timing does need some work.

The 'internal error' message isn't too clear, I agree. As  said it may have something to do with a paused download because of the PC going to sleep; can you confirm if that's the case? Either way I'll escalate to our engineers.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem.  Viveport support says Webroot and Norton are known to block Viveport download, and they are in touch with Webroot about that.  I temporarily disabled Web Shielf on my Webroot, then it downloaded okay.

Hey everyone, we are actively looking at this problem right now - I just updated the ongoing issues posts with a summary on this, but I'll reproduce it here. You've already mentioned some of the workarounds:

ISSUE: Slow download speeds and/or 'Download Error Internal Error' message

These issues are being investigated, but try the following initially to resolve the issue:

- Sign out of Viveport, and ensure you're signed out of any active sessions in web browser(s). Clear your cache including cookies, then sign in to Viveport again and attempt to restart the download.

- Temporarily disable any firewall or anti-virus software, then log out and log in, then attempt to restart the download. (We've seen issues with Norton and Webroot software so far; we're in touch with those companies to update their software.)

If you are still experiencing download issues after trying these steps, please send us a log file to help us diagnose (see the ongoing issues post for details on that).

• 1 month later...

Same problem here, this is my first time buying from viveport and I bought a bundle. None of them will download and I tried everything that was suggested. I want to request a refund so that I can buy from steam instead.

wrote:

wrote:

Hey , thanks for the report and the screen, which always helps.

The timing thing is a known bug which we're looking into. It's accurate more often than not, but it can go a little wonky. Generally I find Viveport downloads about the same speed as Steam, but our timing does need some work.

The 'internal error' message isn't too clear, I agree. As  said it may have something to do with a paused download because of the PC going to sleep; can you confirm if that's the case? Either way I'll escalate to our engineers.

Hi , sorry you're having issues.

Did you send us a log file? If you did, let me know the email address you sent it from and I'll try to get the issue escalated - we might be able to investigate your case specifically.

If you still need a refund, contact Customer Care (if you're in the US, the link to their page is in my sig).

Archived