Vive Pro: Audio Problem (not the Bass one)

vidarwindir

I also have the problem with the Vive Pro HDMI device occasionally not showing up in SteamVR setting and occasionally having no sound output, even when the device shows up.

I discovered the followong workaround: If another HDMI audio device (e.g. a monitor) shows up in the SteamVR audio settings, selecting it makes the Vive Pro HDMI option appear and it can be selected. Annoying but better then restarting the whole shebang.

A proper fix by HTC, Valve or Nvidia would be greatly appreciated - as would be a short headsup, that this issue is being investigated.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep,  and , easily reproducable on my end every time I use the Vive Pro. Usually the displayport version of the audio is there (but with the notorious crackling audio) and the Nvidia version of the Pro audio is only there sometimes. I usually have to reboot the headset a couple times, or power down the linkbox, wait 30 sec, and power it back up. Since I can't use the displayport "Mutimedia" vive pro audio output without crackling audio, I have to fish around until I get the Nvidia one to show and resort to using that. 

I say resort, because it is just a workaround and not a solution. My understanding is that the Displayport/HDMI output is the one you would want to actually use for technical reasons (for full spacial audio?) - but cannot - because it's distorted with the crackling. 

Archived