Wireless Adapter Not Compatible With Laptops?

dtdynd

I was one of those that bought the Pro at pre-release. I spent hours of research beforehand, looking at the upgrades and the main reason I bought it was the "wireless adapter" that would be "coming soon"...figured I'd upgrade and be ready for the forthcoming awesome VR wireless experience. Ive been following the news and updates every day, and had been so excited as I waited for the upcoming release.

Only after E3 did I find out that it will require a PCI-e card... which basically means anyone with a laptop won't be able to use wireless. I feel so ripped off from the marketing of the pro, making it sound like the adapter would be made available for anyone to upgrade to.

don't understand, was the PCI-e requirement not known when they advertised it? Why was there no disclaimer that basically no one can use it (I'm assuming the majority of Vive Owners are using laptops). Below is the Vive Pro Product site for reference. When will wireless be available for laptop owners? I ask because I am going to (literally) throw my entire VR system away (I've dealt with so many tracking issues with the Pro already) and this was the final blow to me giving up on VR altogether.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

The issue of a wireless adapter not being compatible with laptops can stem from various factors such as driver conflicts, outdated hardware, or manufacturer limitations. Troubleshooting might involve updating drivers, checking for system updates, or seeking alternative adapter options. Similarly, if someone encounters problems with their Apple Watch San Antonio, they could explore professional Apple Watch repair services to address issues like unresponsive screens or battery problems. Just as compatibility concerns can arise with wireless adapters and laptops, technical glitches can also affect wearable devices, highlighting the importance of seeking expert assistance, especially for specialized repairs.