Unity app builds but no visuals on device

michela

Any Unity app installed with Build & Run appears to install but you get either grey screen or screen with loading blue icon (looks like a triangular squid with three tenticles hanging down) - can hear audio on device but no display. This includes the scenes in the samples package such as TestVR.

Tried il2cpp and Mono. Gradle and Internal build tools.

Any advice?

Can confirm. Having the same issue. The grey screen goes away once you take off the headset and wait for it to pause then put it back on, but still annoying. The blue loading icon is persistent and won't go away.

Tested with Unity 2018.2.3f1 and Wave SDK 2.1.0

As for Unity version, we suggest you take version before 2018.1.2f1 since we find you might hit black screen when first time launch app on version after 2018.1.2f1 or even 2018.2.x. This symptom can be recovered by suspend/resume once, so you can keep development.

It's under investigation now.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Is this still under investigation? I was having black screens and stuck on the vive squid loading screens after updating from Unity 2017 to Unity 2018.

This was persistent on Unity 2018.1.1f1 which seems to be recommended for people seeing this issue, and I needed to make a Unity Package of my old project and import that into a new 2018 project to make it work.

It may be related that I had upgraded from Wave 2.0 to Wave 2.1 on the old project which had this issue, but on the new project I had just imported Wave 2.1 into the empty project before migrating the asset package with all of my scenes in the previous project.

This work around did work, but it was very frustrating and I had no guarentee it would work after spending a lot of time on it.

To update investigation result, this symptom could be observed after Unity 2018.1.2.

Our run time has something conflict with Unity after they induce patch after 2018.1.2.

So you can pick 2018.1.0 or 2018.1.1 if you don't use any new features on latest version.

Good news are that we have some solutions and it's under verifying with more Unity versions.

It still requires some time, but at least it's not a big risk for your development.

Thanks.

Archived