Unreal SRWorks Help understanding what I am supposed to see

gcostantini

I am pretty lost in understanding what I am supposed to see. Currently when I run any of the examples, and I currently step outside the room bounds. I currently see the mesh of the environment (Tron Mode).  However, when running any of the examples, I don't any of the following:

1. Using the experence example,  to switch between  switching between VR Mode and Mix Mode I don't see the material switch to see-through camera planes.
  2. No geometry for the procedual mesh being generated.
  3. The experence example I definitely don't don't see the generated mesh so the generated sphere's definilty won't collide.

What could be the issues ? Could it be a faultly USB port ? Are we required to use USB 3.0 ? Right now I am using USB 2.0... With USB 2.0 I can't switch to over 30hz and my USB 3.0 ports are failing when I try to run the test Camera.

Any direction would be greatful.

The "tron mode" for the boundaries has been available since  the orIginal Vive (you may have set it in the camera settings from the dashboard settings while in the hmd)

Are you seeing the see-through view at all when running the experience example? 

I would recommend using USB 3.0 if it´s possible - if your port is making issues, try another one or if you dont have any, buy a pci card for it (they aren´t very expensive). Trying to change the frequency never really worked on my pc though.

And take a look at your SteamVR: Are you using the Hotfix version of steam VR? (Go to Steam -> Rightclick on SteamVR -> Settings -> Betas)

Sadly no I don't any See-through which means no depth or 3D Reconstruction. I am not sure if it's an issue with the USB port not being 3.0. At this point I will try the Unity examples. But yes currently see-through is not working which means the Depth and 3D Reconstruction will not work. Sadly I have no idea why the see-through is not working.

• 2 months later...

Could you describe what is different between the two rigs? I am trying to get this to work as well. I haved tried both the Unity and Unreal experience/build version of the SRwork. It doesn't work. All I see is black screen with controller. I don't see the camera projection or the 3d reconstruction.

I've had numerous issues with Win7, and also with non-intel usb host controllers.

Ensure your motherboard has actual intel usb host controllers, or the inatek PCIE usb hub that HTC recommends for the vive/vive pro.

Beyond that, yes I've seen some incompatibility with some of our mainboards. 

Archived