Vive Wireless Adapter - Any way to order extra battery? Any ETA?

SteveCole

Couple of questions regarding Vive Wireless Adapter battery.

1 - Is the battery that comes with the adapter package specifically modded for Vive Wireless Adapter, or any HTC QC 3.0 Powerbank can do? I read reports of people trying other brands and it works fine but I can't take a chance.

2 - There's currently no way of ordering an extra battery. I can add extra battery when I try to place order for Wireless Adapter via htc online store, but when I remove the adapter the extra battery is gone from shopping cart as well, nor I can add additional batteries or able to order individual batteries. I try to search the same battery on HTC online store but the store currently not showing up any accessories (the site may be experiencing a bug). Any eta of battery availability or any way to order from Canada? Can anyone from HTC shed some light? Thanks :)

I had the same problem with their site. I already ordered the wireless! Just get a bat on amazon. Way cheaper and if you want you can get one thats even bigger. Just make sure its got QC 3.0 USB. the older usb's wont deliver the power you need. you can even get one on amazon (CHUWI 10050mAh QC 3.0) that is exactly the same bat only its white and $17. $80 just for HTC label is a rip!

Hi all,

You can purchase additional first party batteries for the wireless adapter from HTC's general store here. I'd like like to point out that you can damage your device by using 3rd party batteries and that any verifiable damage incurred from using a 3rd party battery will void the Wireless Adapater's hardware warranty. The clone linked above is not "identical" to our battery and it's important to consider the internal quality of the cell and its circutry rather than just the external appearance. 

What i'm reading here is:

Vive product fails for no reason (almost like the wireless adapters not working right now eh?)

Manufacturer blames 3rd party battery usage even if such usage can't be confirmed and is unrelated to the failure.

Manufacturer refuses to honor warranty?

Might want to rethink that approach.

I'm going to echo what others here are saying - Warranty voiding due to using a third party power source is a violation of federal law.

Also going to echo that $80 for a puny 10,000mAh battery that should cost, at most, $30, is absurd. I'd love to do an autopsy on an HTC battery vs the other identical looking unit to see what kind of cells and power controllers are inside.

Archived