Wireless Adapter: "Headset not detected"

MissStabby

I did the same thing, on a separate drive, then I figured out what the issue was.

For me, at least, the issue was Asus AI Charger. I actually had uninstalled it previously to try and troubleshoot.

But it turns out the .sys file was still lurking in my SysWoW64\drivers\ folder.

The only reason I noticed this, was I opened Device Manager, and noticed there was a warning from Windows on the root USB Hubs about a driver that failed to load, showing Aicharger.sys.

After that, it worked for the first time.

I reinstalled AI Charger, and then uninstalled again.

• 1 month later...

Started out great fun to play. About a week and a half past the return date the vive stopped working. We did all the trouble shooting on steam and htc's sites nothing helped. Contacted HTC Tec support they gave a few others to try but they didn't work. Sent the head set in for repair. HTC is telling me to pay $270.00 for the repair. they say its water damaged. How can you make something that gets strapped to your body (head) and not make it water (sweat) proof. I own watches and phones that are water proof. And for the head set not to be is a manufacturer flaw. Also HTC changed the wording of their warrantee from does not cover water damage other than perspiration to does not cover water damage. So now I'll have to contact a lawyer , BBB and consumer protection agency

• 4 years later...

Hi just in case anyone else is having this problem what worked for me was reinstalling my drivers and then unplugging and replugging the blue cable from the WiGig card and then restarting my pc, hope that helps.

• 4 weeks later...

I've tried restarting the pc, restarting the wireless software, restarting the drivers but i cant get it to detect my headset. the LED on the side of the vive remains red and the screen remains off. I also tried using my original long vive cable inbetween the headset and the module but this gave no better results