Virtual object orientation 90 degrees off

NewfiBoy

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also have this issue. I'm using Vive trackers on SteamVR and the virtual objects of them are 90 degrees off. Previously I used v1527117754 branch (6/21 hotfix) of SteamVR to deal with this issue (it didn't happen in that branch). However, Valve removed that branch. I contacted Valve and was told there's no way to rollback to that branch. Any suggestion on how can I fix this? Thanks!

, have you looked at the binding UI system to verify your binding options? If the tracker is set to "in-hand" via that menu, it will rotate the object 90 deg as described. You may need to create a new role for the title you're having issues with. 

Are the trackers rotated 90 degrees in a generic SteamVR compositor view (i.e. without an app running?). 

I also want to post a general update to the issue described in the thread. We've alerted the developers of this app (Virutal Sports) about the issue and they're working on fixing this issue. No ETA on the fix - if you're a subscriber to this title and have encoutered this bug, please email store@viveport.com to alert us. 

• 1 month later...

I've bumped our content ops team to bump the developer (Free Range Studios) for an update. I've also passed along your comment about wireless.

That wireless issue is unlike any I've heard to date - is the floor plane accurate in all other titles? The HMD's sensor data -> the HMD pose is completely independent of the teather method so this is very abnormal. 

wrote:

That wireless issue is unlike any I've heard to date - is the floor plane accurate in all other titles? The HMD's sensor data -> the HMD pose is completely independent of the teather method so this is very abnormal. 

Yes, all other titles I have seem to be fine.

There is reference to this issue in the Virtual Sports discussion thread here

https://steamcommunity.com/app/588410/discussions/0/1743355067087325484/

Thanks,

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bother you with this but the devs are not responding at all on Steam and maybe you have aline of communication with them. Can you please see if they're close to something here?

I had this in my subscription the first month and then bought it a month ago but haven't been able to play it since.

Can yuo please also ask about the wireless issue with the tennis racket? No response again on Steam so I'm wondering if it's a game or SteamVR issue or at least if they can respond in some way.

Thanks,

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

The issue with both the table tennis racket and tennis racket is tired to the wireless adapter with this game.

I tested wired and everything is fine. When wired, the table tennis racket orientation is fine and there is also an option to change the grip but when wireless, the orientation is as described in the original post here and the option to change the grip is no longer visible.

I can only assume that the game thinks there is a tracker being used instead of a controller, although I can't find any reference to this in the binding options, it is just "unused"

Tennis racket is fine when wired as well and floats several feet above the players head when using the wireless adapter.

It would take 30 seconds for someone to reproduce this and at least offer a response.

Can you please check on this again?

Thanks,

Andre

Archived