Can't change camera rate for Vive Pro

sepsispod1

I'm trying to access the Vive Pro as a webcam to use with Vizard's AR toolkit (which works with the original Vive). For some reason the camera rate is never able to be changed. It's stuck at around 45fps, and if I try to drag it down to 30 and restart it resorts back to 45. I'm not certain, but I think the reason it's not able to work as a webcam is due to the frame rate mismatch with my software. 

I have the exact same issue. Mine is also locked same rate as yours. No way to set it lower or higher. SteamVR shows an error message and restarts back with no change to camera rate. This was the case even before installing wireless adapter. The other wierd thing is the "room view" dual camera stereo seperation is wrong. The images for two eyes don't line up correctly and that makes for a very uncomfortable viewing experience, like cross eyed.

Same problem here : can't change camera rate

+ cameras seems to be not aligned correctly: right camera is looking a bit higher than left camera, producing instant headache when activating cameras in chaperone...

I had a long discussion by mail with support team, they made me reinstall everything, Vive drivers, change steamVR version, GPU drivers, change camera settings (rate..) ...  it took a week (1 mail / day) , to finally say that maybe my device has a problem and I should return it...

But that I know that I'm not the only one with the same issue, I don't know what to do :-s

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a known issue, and reddit threads show lots of people are having same issues. Vive aren't acknowledging or accepting that the dual camera alignment in stereo passthrough mode is incorrect. This is not a defective vive headset, but probably a design flaw. reddit shows lots of people are having this issue and I don' t think so many people got defective units.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...