Update on Vive Wireless Adpater

SuperNikoPower

• 2 weeks later...

No updates I've searched the entire web and tried every possible thing suggested with no luck.  It is really disappointing that we spend hundreds of dollars only to get dealt a broken product with ZERO support.  And get a refund isn't support or helpful in any way. 

The workaround was, supposedly, that if you unplug litterally everything from a USB 3.0 port, and everything USB 3.0 from a 2.0 port, it might work.

It didn't work.

In six months of owning a wireless adapter, I have no been able to successfully use it once. Across twelve different Windows 10 installs, two graphics cards, and three motherboards. HTC Vive support was no help at all.

I'm selling my HTC Vive w/ Wireless Adapter and getting a Valve Index. I'm just waiting for the annoucement so I can figure out if I can keep my existing lighthouses/controllers or not.

I'm running vive wireless on Asus Crosshair VII hero board, cpu is ryzen 2700x.

Still getting watchdog BSODs, tried almost every advice from web, without any success.

The following is only guess, from my experience:

-problem is hadware related, there is no quick and easy fix;

-it's related to pci-e standard, and how it implemented on WiGig card;

-WiGig card won't detect on any pci-e gen 3.0 slot connected to lines directly from Ryzen cpu;

-WiGig card stablility depends on pci-e slot;

-WiGig card stability depends on BCLK, mine works best on 97Mhz;

-WiGig card only works on pci-e gen 2.0 slot from SouthBridge on AMD Ryzen boards;

-there is no 100% working motherboard;

-increasing SouthBridge voltage may increase WiGig card stability, do it on your own risk.

You know, I was so excited for the wireless adapter. I've sank literally thousands of dollars into my set up. From PC upgrades to the vive pro, to the wireless adapter to the **bleep**ing 80 dollar foam pad and velcro strap to attach the **bleep** thing to the head set. Now I read that the most recent upgrade I bought to fix the low resolution problem not only doesn't fix it, but introduces a whole load of new problems? This is why VR isn't going anywhere. Your equipment is thousands of dollars, only to be kicked in the nuts with tons of problems right of the bat.

Looking back I see this problem has been going on since 2018 and it still hasn't been fixed. Please explain to me Vive, why should I keep your buggy, bull**bleep** head set instead of selling the whole **bleep**ing thing and getting a Valve Index? Hmmm? Why should I give you a second chance after getting burned so many times?

Excuse me, let me correct myself. I will be taking the wireless adapter and that stupid pro adapter back to get my 380 dollars back, then I'll be getting rid of my vive pro to get a head set that isn't a flaming dumpster fire. Fix it or don't, I no longer give a **bleep**.

Not sure if you have resolved the issue, but try using a PCI-e slot that doesnt have shared lanes.  On my ASUS Hero VI with an Ryzen 1800x it was the very top PCI-e slot.  The guy that posted it on REDDIT said he still got some crashes after , I however have not had any crashes yet heading on day 2. If you don't want to just guess like I did download your boards Manual or contact the boards customer service and see if they can tell you which one isn't shared. I will update if anything weird happens.  Good luck, so far the wireless is awesome!

• 2 weeks later...