Unity Editor crashes when going to Play mode

musk

Hi everyone,

looks like every 3rd time I go into Play mode the editor crashes. I tested with Unity 2017.4.142017.4.15 and 2018.2.17 and with WaveSDK 2.1.8. I've configured everything as the guide says, made an empty scene with a default directional light and the WaveVR prefab. The editor doesn't crash if I don't add the WaveVR prefab. I don't have any problems building and running the app either.

After hitting "Play" the first time, there's just a couple messages in Console and one warning - Tiled GPU perf. warning: RenderTexture color surface (700x313) was not cleared/discarded. See TiledGPUPerformanceWarning.ColorSurface label in Profiler for info.

After going into Play mode the second time, 2 messages keep on appearing (about a 100 times/s):

WaveVR_Simulator : send failed with error: 0, skip this transmit

WaveVR_Simulator : send failed with error: 10038, skip this transmit

Then, when trying to Play again, the editor crashes. I haven't used the Simulator, and when going into WaveVR -> Simulator there's only an option to install apk or start it.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Thanks for the update, the .zip file has solved my issue with crashes. However I still get the "Tiled GPU perf." warning, which seems to be caused by the SDK. I noticed it doesn't appear  if I check the option in Unity: Edit -> Graphics Emulation -> No Emulation, but that's only evading the issue, not solving it.

Here's the full warning as seen in Unity's console window:

Tiled GPU perf. warning: RenderTexture color surface (638x368) was not cleared/discarded. See TiledGPUPerformanceWarning.ColorSurface label in Profiler for info
UnityEngine.Camera:Render()
WaveVR_Distortion:RenderEye(WVR_Eye, RenderTexture) (at Assets/Imported/WaveVR/Scripts/WaveVR_Distortion.cs:127)
WaveVR_Render:RenderEye(Camera, WVR_Eye) (at Assets/Imported/WaveVR/Scripts/WaveVR_Render.cs:740)
<RenderLoop>d__76:MoveNext() (at Assets/Imported/WaveVR/Scripts/WaveVR_Render.cs:707)

• 1 month later...

Archived