Quick Question about turning it off

Laughingboy

I noticed that when I shut down the VR session or just shut down the computer, The little lights to the base an headset stay on. Are they suppose to do that? Do these parts of the system stay on standby or something? I was wondering if I need to cut the power to them. I did not want to leave it in such a way as to shorten the life of the equipment. Any feedback would be most welcome :robothappy:

Go into SteamVR -> Settings -> Bluetooth. Once you enable BT comms on that page, there will be an option called "Enable Basestation Power Management" that will allow the stations to go to sleep once SteamVR shuts down.

This is primarily geared towards 1.0 basetsations and doesn't fully work with 2.0 stations.

I personally prefer to unplug my stations to maximize lifespan but also to prevent any unwanted noise since my personal setup in my bedroom. 

Thank you for this info,

I will do as you sugested, Not sure if my base stations are 1.0 or 2.0 since I am a newbee and I just received my Vive System yesterday. I want to take very good care of my New Vive System and trying to learn all that I can.

I do think I will purchase several independent surge protectors just for the power connections to the bases and just turn of the surge protectors instead of unpluging them. They are already pluged into Surge protectors but there is other equipment pluged in as well to the same protectors. That is why I say independent protectors just for the Base stations. The head set is a little different, Power can be cut off but the hdmi is still conected to the computer and my computer uses a ark through a AV Receiver to my 4k television as a monitor, I noticed that as long as the headset hdmi is conected, My sound from the computer is routed to the headset and is not routed to the av receiver arked to my Television. In other words, I dont get any sound from the computer until I unplug the Headset. I have to give that some thought. Not sure how to get around that. My AV Receiver has bluetooth, Wonder if there is any way around it with that. Ummm, Have to think about this. Thank you for your reply. I will do as you suggested. Smiles to you :smileyhappy:

BT power management is fine in most desktop use-cases but can get clunky if you have multiple HMDs.

Audio will always be super specific to your system and components - Window's "sounds" and "playback devices" panels are your best friends as well as SteamVR -> Settings -> Audio. 

Cheers!

Archived