Graphics card

twinkle

I am not part of the Tech team here but did you run a system test here to see how well it would work with your 1030? I dont know but you might be able to run some games just not all. Use the computer with the 1030 installed and run the test and see how it rates? Here is the link, You will see the run test tab.  https://www.vive.com/us/product/vive-virtual-reality-system/

I would suggest going out to a local Computer electronics store and purchase a Nvidia GTX 1060 or better.

Anyway, That is a Wonderful Burthday gift, I wish you all the best.

Hello ,

Sorry this message slipped at the tail end of last week. Basically you'd purchase a new GPU, making sure that your motherboard can support that GPU and that your powersupply has enough headroom to drive the new hardware. You'd remove the old one, put in the new one and provide it power, boot it and then install drivers.

It's one of the more straightforward parts to upgrade - the tricky part is ensuring you have the correct motherboard and power supply compatibility. Start first with figuring out what your motherboard will accept and the figure out what extra power supply headers your current power supply has on hand and if it overall has enough wattage to support your upgrade. 

A GTX1060 will drive most Vive CE titles but may struggle with heavier games like FO4. 

Archived