VIVE 3-in-1 Cable HDMI issues

Nichibokun

Everything seems fine in the report (you do need to update your base stations though)

I don't see any reason why the cable wouldn't work and it is reporting your HMD is there so that's good.

All the settings seem fine.

Thank you,

-John C

God dammit, looks like I'm never going to get the full VR Experience :(

And I tried to Update the basestations once, afterwards they we're lighting up red and didn't work anymore, so I downgraded them again.

Is there anything else I could try related to my Vive ?

Wait a minute - "And I tried to Update the basestations once, afterwards they we're lighting up red and didn't work anymore"

Your base station(s) need to be repaired. You can't just roll back the firmware to solve the problem. The issue still exists except that you put the old version of firmware back on that doesn't catch the rotational velocity drop and tracking errors.

Thank you,

-John C

It need to be repaired ? wot

yea they just stopped working after the firmware update, so I googled it online and found this video

This guy had the same issue, and the video helped out they're working again just as they should be

Are they really broken ?

Yes. I'm pretty sure I've posted about this previously, but in short, what's going on is that the laser rotor is not spinning fast enough for accurate tracking and at some point, Valve updated the firmware to detect when this was happening and create an error so users would know what was wrong.

Unfortunately, someone figured out how to roll the firmware back and make the error disappear, even though that would not actual solve the problem. So what happens is users load old firmware and keep playing as the rotor slows down further and further, tracking gets worse and worse until one day it just is unplayable. The problem is, if that takes longer than the warranty period, they won't be able to get their device repaired anymore, whereas if they had the current firmware, got the warning earlier and got the device fixed they'd be fine.

Thank you,

-John C

• 2 years later...