The name 'Registery' does not exist in current context

Hello All, 

I am new to AR developement and started with SRWorks for Vive Pro. After I import the package into a new project, the below error is getting thrown 12 times. Please help

Assets\ViveSR\Scripts\ViveSR_DualCameraCalibrationTool.cs(130,69): error CS0103: The name 'Registry' does not exist in the current context

Can anyone please mention the exact Unity version and Steam VR plugin used to run SRWorks Sample Scene? 

I have installed Unity Version 5.6.x and Unity keeps crashing when I play the scene, but the original 'Registry' issue is resolved in this version

I had the same Problem. In my case i wasnt allowed to parse the Registry for whatever reasons (yeah thanks admin). Workaround: Enter the Script. Replace relativeAngle and absoluteAngle with something like:

Vector3 relativeAngle = new Vector3(0f, 0f, 0f);
Vector3 absoluteAngle = new Vector3(0f, 0f, 0f);

Or get the exact Values out of the Registry, somehow.

Comment out Registry related lines.

• Thanks 1

"Registry" is a known issue. It will be fixed in the next release expected by the end of this June.

Regarding non-function, have you checked if your system is able to support Vive Pro’s SRWorks SDK functionalities followed by these steps, https://developer.vive.com/resources/knowledgebase/vive-pro-srworks-sdk-qa/?

Regarding supported version, it needs Unity (5.5.3 or later) and this version doesn’t support SteamVR unity plugins 2.0.1, please download SteamVR unity plugins 1.2.3 package if you needs, https://github.com/ValveSoftware/steamvr_unity_plugin/releases/tag/1.2.3

• 4 months later...

Do what LordVetinari said,

Change

Vector3 relativeAngle = new Vector3(0f, 0f, 0f);
Vector3 absoluteAngle = new Vector3(0f, 0f, 0f);

(Be aware that this var are on the bottom part, the ones called in the top part have the first letter cap)

Then search for registry in the code and comment all the lanes that contains it.

-----

That should solve it, at least i made it work.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/30/2019 at 7:57 PM, 261983626@qq.com said:

hi @kartikarora1606 have you solved your problem? i had the same problem about "Registry' does not exist in the current context'.

could you tell me how to fix it if you have solved the problem?

Thank you a lot!

I solved that using 'PlayerPrefs'. (https://forum.unity.com/threads/playerprefs-saves-registry-name-strange.784061/) or Image below

image.png.c0a6101999a12fc2c6aacab68a38186b.png

I get reply and some tips from Unity forum and C# tutorial blogs about 'PlayerPrefs' has a security weak point. Get in mind about this problem first.

Anyway in my case, I get no more errors about 'Registry'. But It still can not update its relativeangle or absoluteangle.

If you want to get rotation values of VR HMD, I think to get values from a Object 'Camera (eye)' using this method may help you.

ps.

@Daniel_Y May I ask you when next version of SDK will be released?...