Stop headset sleeping?

paul

Is there a way I can control the time before the headset goes to sleep after I take it off? So far the only way I have to do it is by going to settings->developers and turning on keep awake but this keeps it on indefinitely. Ideally I would like to be able to set a time out of say five minutes . 

@paul - I've tagged some members of the WaveSDK team on here for a proper response. I don't believe there is a way to programmatically set idle/shutoff times as power saving options are critical for mobile VR and thus are found pretty low in the tech stack (at the Qualcomm component level). I believe the only way to reliably circumnavigate the power saving modes is to cover the IR proximity sensor (the small window between the lenses) with a piece of opaque tape which will trick the hardware into thinking a user is wearing the HMD thus preventing the headset and the runtime from going idle.

@Cotta @Tony PH Lin @JustinVive

On 9/3/2019 at 8:31 PM, VibrantNebula said:

@paul - I've tagged some members of the WaveSDK team on here for a proper response. I don't believe there is a way to programmatically set idle/shutoff times as power saving options are critical for mobile VR and thus are found pretty low in the tech stack (at the Qualcomm component level). I believe the only way to reliably circumnavigate the power saving modes is to cover the IR proximity sensor (the small window between the lenses) with a piece of opaque tape which will trick the hardware into thinking a user is wearing the HMD thus preventing the headset and the runtime from going idle.

Hi @VibrantNebula, @paul

I have the same issue.

I was wondering, you said it is not possible to delay the sleeping mode since it's a low stack. But is it possible to delay the proximity sensor timer as a workaround ?

Thanks!

Damien