Cosmos buying option question

Kennybo00

I pre-order the cosmos, but until now I can´t check if I will be able to use it with my Vive Pro wireless adapter upon arrive. Look like will need a cable adapter that is unavaliable for pre-order. Why HTC dont send the Cosmos with this cable, for those just have the wireless adapter ?

5 hours ago, Leo_BH said:

I pre-order the cosmos, but until now I can´t check if I will be able to use it with my Vive Pro wireless adapter upon arrive. Look like will need a cable adapter that is unavaliable for pre-order. Why HTC dont send the Cosmos with this cable, for those just have the wireless adapter ?

What does this have to do with my question?

I pre-ordered a Cosmos 14 Sept and used paypal no problem.  The terms of purchase said my account would not be charged until my Cosmos was shipped.  However, I got a bank statement today and it showed that my paypal account was actually charged almost immediately after pre-ordering.  I have pre-ordered items in the past (Rift S for example) and my paypal account has always remained Pending until shipment.  I'm not sure why this did not happen in this case.  Today I have started a support ticket ( 10060531 ) asking for an explanation.

Hi @TomCgcmfc

Thanks for bringing this up.  Typical PayPal integrations such as ours will have the funds charged immediately.  This is actually listed in the cart as you check out but clearly the messaging in the confirmation email is not stating this. Our estore team are working to update this so that it is clarified.  Unfortunately this isn't an element we can change on our end as far as the account being charged immediately for PayPal.  I have attached a screenshot of a sample cart for your reference.  I apologize for the confusion this caused.  

1096797068_ScreenShot2019-09-26at3_54_03PM.png.cbde64cec11d3f2ce9955d544bf741b6.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jagibson said:

Hi @TomCgcmfc

Thanks for bringing this up.  Typical PayPal integrations such as ours will have the funds charged immediately.  This is actually listed in the cart as you check out but clearly the messaging in the confirmation email is not stating this. Our estore team are working to update this so that it is clarified.  Unfortunately this isn't an element we can change on our end as far as the account being charged immediately for PayPal.  I have attached a screenshot of a sample cart for your reference.  I apologize for the confusion this caused.  

1096797068_ScreenShot2019-09-26at3_54_03PM.png.cbde64cec11d3f2ce9955d544bf741b6.png

Ok, thanks for letting me know this.  I'm really not sure why most other suppliers can mark PayPal payments as Pending and only charge after shipping yet you cannot?  Anyway, now that I know I will probably just use a card next time.  Thanks again for your reply and I'm looking forward to receiving my Cosmos soon.  This will be my first Vive product and I'm looking forward to trying out your new Vive VR system.