Single Pass Stereo Issue

tedw4rd

I'm working on a Vive Focus Plus project using Unity. I'm using Wave SDK v3.1.1 (Beta) and Unity 2018.3.10. I've been trying to get single pass stereo rendering to work properly for a while and I keep running into the same issue. When I try to turn on SPS using the WaveVR settings dialog (see below), I see both passes rendered side-by-side in the left eye of the Focus, and nothing in the right eye. It's as if one had taken what should be in the right eye and shoved it over to the left eye. Here's all the settings I think would be relevant:

image.png.14783c42fef48906a9b617b59b6ecd08.png

image.thumb.png.a308e2ea5098e89a0f860d55ff176c36.png

image.png.072e6cb71d7f35b749f6bb8db7194fd0.png

image.png.7268cdbeeb727a9b978b8a27cd7ba708.png

When I don't enable the last WaveVR settings option (the Single Pass Stereo support one) the application runs fine. Both eyes render properly, but it's clear it's using multipass rendering. How can I fix Single Pass Stereo rendering, and what am I doing wrong?

51 minutes ago, tedw4rd said:

When I try to turn on SPS using the WaveVR settings dialog (see below), I see both passes rendered side-by-side in the left eye of the Focus, and nothing in the right eye.

I should clarify that when I say "nothing appears in the right eye" I mean nothing game related. I do occasionally see the controller connection dialog in the right eye (for some reason)

@Tony PH Lin @Cotta

Hi @tedw4rd,

Please try to remove all supported VR SDKs as below. We find there are many different version of VR device names in the list.  Those VR SDKs names may be generated in every time when your project upgrade to new Unity version. After remove them, run the DefaultPreferenceDialog from WaveVR menu to reset the SinglePass.XRsetting.png.2f9b81bf1d0d94e4e04af06fc58f25ed.png

WavePreference.png.6d232014e394efdd734d98469b96666b.png

@Tony PH Lin,Thanks for your response. On the positive side, you helped me fix a different problem with our interaction middleware. It was generating those extra Virtual Reality SDKs which were causing some issues. Thanks for that!

Unfortunately, it didn't solve the rendering problem with single-pass stereo. I tried to reproduce the issue with a simpler project, and found that the issue happened after I incorporated the Lightweight Rendering Pipeline from Unity. Do you have any plans to support Unity's Scriptable Render Pipeline in the near future? Do you know of any quick fixes or patches I can use to enable support for SRP?

@Cotta

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have the exactly the same problem here. I'm using Unity 2019.2.0 with the Lightweight Render Pipeline. My projet was using the Wave SDK version 3.0.2 and I was able to render in both eyes correctly with Single Pass. I upgraded my project to Wave SDK 3.1.4 and it doesn't seem to work anymore. As LRP is more optimised for Android devices and Single Pass sometime more efficient, the SDK should support both. Does a new SDK version will be released soon to fix that issue ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/6/2020 at 10:34 AM, Cotta said:

@edv3 @animorph

The Wave SDK team is working on this topic with priority. We understand this is very important for developers to use Single Pass with Unity LWRP. It will need more time for our team to solve this issue. We'll get back to you at this thread when there's further progress. Thanks for your patience.

Is there any news on the progress of this fix?

@Cotta

• 1 month later...