What dose the Cosmos prefer when tracking?

Shezzar

First time posting and just wanted to state that i am content with the product how over i would like to voice my concerns.

First is the drop in tracking quality after my first few uses. I have tided my room since then and I understand that at the time of posting there is an issue with low lighting. However I am convinced that the originally untidy room state proved to be beneficial, could I please have this verified?

Is there a way for the user to perceive that the cosmos is looking for tracking wise to better optimize our surroundings for this functions?

I understand that the when in vive port if you place the Vive prop near your face it changes your view a monochromatic camera, am I correct in assuming that this is how the vive tracks our environment if so is there an easier way of accessing this feature.

I will be making more posts in the upcoming days to expand on my concerns with the product. This is my first VR headset and I want to enjoy it as much at any other on the market

Thanks

Please tell your mum/wife/partner (hard to be politically correct these days) that a well lite untidy room works best, lol!  The rest I'm sure you will figure out yourself after referring to the Cosmos manual  imho.,   Try googling for Vive Cosmos Support, and you will find something like this;

https://www.vive.com/au/support/cosmos/

Good luck with your new Cosmos and I hope it work out as well for you as mine has so far.

On 10/19/2019 at 3:22 AM, Shezzar said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=6a3749c85cdc35ae

First time posting and just wanted to state that i am content with the product how over i would like to voice my concerns.

First is the drop in tracking quality after my first few uses. I have tided my room since then and I understand that at the time of posting there is an issue with low lighting. However I am convinced that the originally untidy room state proved to be beneficial, could I please have this verified?

Is there a way for the user to perceive that the cosmos is looking for tracking wise to better optimize our surroundings for this functions?

I understand that the when in vive port if you place the Vive prop near your face it changes your view a monochromatic camera, am I correct in assuming that this is how the vive tracks our environment if so is there an easier way of accessing this feature.

I will be making more posts in the upcoming days to expand on my concerns with the product. This is my first VR headset and I want to enjoy it as much at any other on the market

Thanks

Hi @Shezzar,

Thanks for reaching out. Here are my responses to your issue:

• Your tracking experience can be improved with brighter lighting settings if you are getting a low lightning notification. 
  • There is two easier ways of accessing the pass-through camera feature!
    • 1. When wearing your Cosmos headset, press the button on the left side of your headset next to the power indicator light. This button will activate your pass-through camera. You can turn it off by pressing the button again.
    • 2. Double press the Vive button on your right controller. This will also activate your pass-through camera. Double press the Vive button again to turn off the camera. If this doesn't work, you'll need to enable this feature in your settings. 
      • VIVE Console > Dashboard (three lines) > Settings >  Camera > Check the box with double press VIVE button to enable camera. 

If you're having tracking issues with the low light notification, you can send us an issue report. This will collect your logs and be sent to our engineering team to look into and improve upon in our next software updates. Here are the instructions to do so: