After last update..

Brin

Vive Pro owner.  I've had it about a year.  I had just done some VR update via steam and noticed that it changed the ipd adjustment popup (when you turn the knob it displays).  At first I thought, that looks sleeker, more modern.  Problem is now the dang message is popping up every 2 or 3 seconds, or when I move my head rapidly, etc.  It wasn't doing any of these things prior to the update.  Is anyone else having this problem?  Is there a fix/rollback?  Or possibly a coincidence that my headset took a crap the same time an update was rolled out?  Any thoughts/suggestions are most welcome.  Thank you for reading.

@VibrantNebula @Synthesis

@Brin - I'd recommend posting in SteamVR's bug reports forums - as this is a SteamVR function, only Valve can modify the behavior and the more people who report it to Valve, the higher priority it will be on their list.

I can't say anything definitive about the update from Vive's prospective but in my personal usage in the last 24 hours I can say that I've triggered it by rapid movement while playing Pistol Whip - you're not going crazy, it's likely something just a feature addition that needs to be tuned further and direct feedback helps that process.

45 minutes ago, VibrantNebula said:

@Brin Valve pushed a hotfix this morning to address this behavior via SteamVR 1.8.20 - release notes here.

AWESOME!!! You're the man VibrantNebula!!!  Thank you for taking the time to post.  I appreciate your insite and help.  Have a wonderful weekend!

• Thanks 1