Vive PRO nose guard is glued in and came loose, now what?

Zacware

@Jakey

I understand your desire for wanting to fix the nose guard however as @VibrantNebula stated we cannot advise and self-repair for liability reasons.  We can have this corrected for you via an RMA.  If you are interested in pursuing this route and are in the US/Canada please email my team at THIS ADDRESS and we will process the RMA directly.  If you are in another region, please reach out to our support team by visiting www.vive.com/support/contactus 

Let us know if you have questions or concerns.

Thank you,

John

4 minutes ago, jagibson said:

@Jakey

I understand your desire for wanting to fix the nose guard however as @VibrantNebula stated we cannot advise and self-repair for liability reasons.  We can have this corrected for you via an RMA.  If you are interested in pursuing this route and are in the US/Canada please email my team at THIS ADDRESS and we will process the RMA directly.  If you are in another region, please reach out to our support team by visiting www.vive.com/support/contactus 

Let us know if you have questions or concerns.

Thank you,

John

@jagibson Hi. Actually I was referring to when @VibrantNebula said "We sell replacement nose guards with pre-filled adhesive strips which is the "safest" and lowest risk option"..... Do you not actually sell these? The only option I was given via a support ticket was to pay $190 for an RMA to fix the headset.

3 hours ago, Zacware said:

@jagibson Hi. Actually I was referring to when @VibrantNebula said "We sell replacement nose guards with pre-filled adhesive strips which is the "safest" and lowest risk option"..... Do you not actually sell these? The only option I was given via a support ticket was to pay $190 for an RMA to fix the headset.

If I were you I would do a google search for ' thin transparent flexible double sided tape '.  Something like 3M 9088 might do but it may be better to find something a little less wide, like ~6mm instead of 12mm (you could always cut it smaller).  The adhesives in these tapes do not contain any solvents so they should be very safe to use.  Just don't stick them to your lens though, lol!  Kinda hard to believe that Vive cannot provide you with a replacement nose guard with a pre-installed double sided adhesive strip.  I'm sure they could if they wanted to.

@Zacware - I'm sorry, I was actually wrong on this one. We sell replacements for the OG Vive but apparently it's a more involved system with the Pro; I simply was incorrect with my statement and I apologize for the confusion. Please reach out to the support inbox that Jaggibson recommended - that's an advanced support team that will give you the most accurate information possible about your specific case.

@TomCgcmfc - Apparently the Vive Pro nose guard actually makes internal contact with the device, it's not just a surface mounted thing. I have never actually seen a detached nose guard IRL so I'm simply out of my element here - I'm a developer and the forums aren't actually my primary role at Vive - I'm just a strong advocate for community. You're very correct that adhesive tape is going to carry far less risk - thanks for pointing that out!

• Thanks 1