HTC VIVE pro eye with out base stations and controllers

Minh_26700

I'm now working on a project at which requires eye tracking on my HTC VIVE Pro Eye. Unfortunately, I don't have the base stations or the controller along side with the HDM. I have found a way to project image from unity to the VIVE but the eye tracking function doesn't work.

I'm hope there is another way to use the eye tracker, without base stations and controllers

@Minh_26700 That's definitely not a standard use case, I'm not sure if anybody else has tried this specifically with Eye Pro. Generally speaking, you can't easily use SteamVR tracked HMDs without basestations and it's going to be exponentially easier to use the HMD as designed with basestation tracking and the SteamVR compositor. You can get by with a single station if you're applications design lends itself to 180-degree tracking. The need for controllers will be completely defined by what you're designing - you can definitely develop an app that doesn't use controllers but it definitely will impact what UX interactions are possible.

Do you have the SR_Runtime running? What is the status of the SR_runtime (look at your tray and note the color of the eyes of the robot icon. Green = system is good, red = system is not running). 

Tagging additional team members for feedback. @Corvus @Daniel_Y

12 hours ago, VibrantNebula said:

@Minh_26700 That's definitely not a standard use case, I'm not sure if anybody else has tried this specifically with Eye Pro. Generally speaking, you can't easily use SteamVR tracked HMDs without basestations and it's going to be exponentially easier to use the HMD as designed with basestation tracking and the SteamVR compositor. You can get by with a single station if you're applications design lends itself to 180-degree tracking. The need for controllers will be completely defined by what you're designing - you can definitely develop an app that doesn't use controllers but it definitely will impact what UX interactions are possible.

Do you have the SR_Runtime running? What is the status of the SR_runtime (look at your tray and note the color of the eyes of the robot icon. Green = system is good, red = system is not running). 

Tagging additional team members for feedback. @Corvus @Daniel_Y

I got SR_Runtime running but its idle all the time (orange).

I just wanna project some 360 images in to a sphere and let the user watch it. But i also wanted to see which part of the image people focus the most.

I have successfully project the images using unity but despite added all the SRanipal_SDK and TobiiXR Initializer, it doesn't work