How do I access internet (Youtube) via Vive Cosmos?

beezqp

I am looking for a solution to be able to browse internet via Vive Cosmos, specifically want to be able to access Youtube's VR resources. For some reason, FIrefox Reality can not be installed on this device (how come? are there plans to support this?).

Has anyone figured it out already? There are couple apps in the Viveport that promise this, but all of them turned out super inconvenient or not even supported by the controllers. 

Bonus question: are there any good apps in Viveport with travel videos, such as city tours with a guide? Used to enjoy them on my Gear VR with Samsung Smartphone, try do find something similar here, there's just so much poor quality noise it's hard to find one valuable.

Ok, I found player called Gizmo VR in Steam Store (free) and it was exactly what I was looking for. I hope Cosmos controller gets mapped to it at some point, but I have no big trouble using it to what I need. I hope it helps folks looking for it in the future.

• Like 1

You can user YouTube VR (Steam Store), Big-picture app (Steam Store), the Steam Desktop viewer (double press the Vive button on the left controller to select) with your browser of choice and a number of other utility apps on Steam that provide access to your desktop apps.

• Like 1