Help with my Vive please! :(

BlazeHN

Hi, I just got my Vive and I am attempting to use it with my Alienware 17 R2 (GTX 970M, it should handle basic VR fine), I plug everything correctly and the Vive turns on (green light indicator) and the headsets just mirrors my Windows desktop (Windows detects it as a second monitor). On SteamVR App I just get a "Headset not Connected" and a "Headset not Detected 125" errors, but the headsets is clearly connected and detected, when I click on "reset headset" the indicator goes red and the headset screens turns off for a moment and then indicator goes green again and headset screen shows Windows desktop mirrored again. I read somehwere that going into "Direct Mode" makes the headset stop acting as a secondary screen and goes into a propper VR headset, but I cant find such option, its supposed to be on SteamVR Settings/Developer but no option there.

At this point I tried every single article found on the web, already did tons on reboots, power cycles, cable checks, video card driver update, swaped usb port, reseted usb ports.

Please help! :(

Sorry to hear you're having issues, . Have you spoken to Customer Care? They have a live chat. It'll probably be faster than here. If you're in the US, the link is in my sig; if elsewhere, change your territory on the bottom right of the Customer Care page.

Keep me informed if you're still having issues.

I might be stating the obvious, but double check to make sure that you are using the HDMI slot for your VR graphics card and not the on-board video.  When my computer was new to me, I made that mistake at first...and got the same result. 

Also, once you plug it into HDMI on your graphics card, reboot the computer.  When I realized I was not connected right and moved it..it STILL didn't work.  But then I rebooted, and it did.

wrote:

I might be stating the obvious, but double check to make sure that you are using the HDMI slot for your VR graphics card and not the on-board video.  When my computer was new to me, I made that mistake at first...and got the same result. 

Also, once you plug it into HDMI on your graphics card, reboot the computer.  When I realized I was not connected right and moved it..it STILL didn't work.  But then I rebooted, and it did.

This is excellent advice too - thanks !

Archived