pupil_position_in_sensor_area

Dear all,

Does Gaze position data (pupil_position_in_sensor_area) correspond to the exact  gaze position on the image being viewed?

- It appears even when I look to the right most position of HMD, the values for gaze position (R and L) don't go above 0.7XXX.

- When I map the points on the image, they don't match! Take a look at the attached image. The red crosses show gaze position during that frame. But I was looking at the yellow sphere during the whole time.

- What does Pupil Position on Sensor Area mean? Is it different from where it would correspond to on the image being viewed?

frame.jpg

1 minute ago, VibrantNebula said:

@mrk88 I'm tagging memebers of the SRAnipal team to the thread to answer your eye-tracking specific questions.

Per the last part of your question - where is the source of that screenshot? What are you using to capture it?

Thanks,

I'm using Unity Recorder to record the HMD, (with Capture set to "GameView," and output resolution set to "Match Window Size")

There is no direct angle mapping between pupil position in sensor and gaze vector.

Pupil position in sensor is mainly used for positioning HMD up/down/left/right and IPD adjustment in calibration process to make user's eyes in correct position, i.e.: make pupil in the center of sensor.

Have discussed in another thread.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2020 at 2:11 AM, Daniel_Y said:

There is no direct angle mapping between pupil position in sensor and gaze vector.

Pupil position in sensor is mainly used for positioning HMD up/down/left/right and IPD adjustment in calibration process to make user's eyes in correct position, i.e.: make pupil in the center of sensor.

Have discussed in another thread.

So pupil position in sensor area cannot be used for gaze velocity calculation?

What gaze position-related data can we use to calculate gaze speed? 

I am interested in doing a saccade detection algorithm, which is based on gaze speed (for which I need gaze position )

@Daniel_Y