Cosmos Elite - motion smoothing in Steam VR

Michal

Thanks for reply. I was wondering if the option that You recalled is the same as motion smoothing in Steam VR. If it's the same, then I'm wondering why then, even after enabling it in Vive console, in Steam VR it's still not supported?

Greetings, 

I have tried all suggestions and still couldn't get motion smoothing to work. I have the regular cosmos and even if you try and force it to enabled or always on in a per app basis it doesn't activate. I have a 2080S paired with a Ryzen 3700X. I also tried enabling on vive console for their version but it still doesn't work on steamvr. @C.T. @stvnxu

14 hours ago, Michal said:

Thanks for reply. I was wondering if the option that You recalled is the same as motion smoothing in Steam VR. If it's the same, then I'm wondering why then, even after enabling it in Vive console, in Steam VR it's still not supported?

Well, I think cosmos somehow did that motion smoothing by themselves already. I don't have problem with my fps. 

16 hours ago, Crazybird said:

Well, I think cosmos somehow did that motion smoothing by themselves already. I don't have problem with my fps. 

Hello,

Is it really working working good for you? And do you know what the option below Motion Compensation does when on (performance priority mod)? Does it downscale the image are how does it work? Thanks!

9 hours ago, edu616 said:

Hello,

Is it really working working good for you? And do you know what the option below Motion Compensation does when on (performance priority mod)? Does it downscale the image are how does it work? Thanks!

I've tested it and as far as I noticed it decreases the HMD resolution below native - SS 100% resolution in Steam VR is much lower than without this function.

• 6 months later...

I have an RTX 2060 (mobile) and I have the same issue, Steam Motion smoothing does nothing regardless of what you do to the settings.

Vive Console has "Motion Compensation" but there is such terrible artifacting it is worse than having a low fps. I have no idea why my performance is so bad with this headset.

• 1 month later...

Same here... ive got Cosmos Elite and motion smoothing, or reprojection or anything doesnt work there... even on Vive console the motion compensation is a disaster... looks even worse than without it and much more stuttery with some image artifacts. I use wireless adaptor, got Ryzen 3600 and RTX 2070 Super.

@C.T. we need some official answers from You regarding Motion Smoothing in Steam VR:

-why it's not supported in Steam VR like for most headsets?

-who should we reach to make it available in Steam VR? Does this incompatibility is result of HTC or Valve actions?

We paid premium price for headset lacking basic feature and we didn't get any answers from HTC