Cosmos Software Download Issue

I need a lot of help with this issue. I downloaded and installed the Vive and Viveport programs, made an account, basically did everything it asked me to do, but Viveport either fails to download the Cosmos Software and setup files, or tries to do so at an extremely low speed, barely downloading 200kb in 20 hours. Downloading a game off Viveport is fine, as it downloads at up to 8MBps.

CPU: Threadripper 1920X

GPU: Radeon VII

32GB DDR4 RAM

I’m having a similar problem. I download vive setup, vive port installs fine, but that’s it. When installing cosmos sometimes the usb is not detected until I restart and reinstall everything. When it does detect, only the controllers connect while the headset does not track and I get error code 205

35 minutes ago, DanielMD said:

I’m having a similar problem. I download vive setup, vive port installs fine, but that’s it. When installing cosmos sometimes the usb is not detected until I restart and reinstall everything. When it does detect, only the controllers connect while the headset does not track and I get error code 205

The exact same thing is the issue I'm having. Either that or the extremely slow download rate for the Cosmos software.

10 hours ago, Matumbo said:

The exact same thing is the issue I'm having. Either that or the extremely slow download rate for the Cosmos software.

Is this already fixed? I still can't use mine..

Edited by Playdicted

I am experiencing the same (I think). I can't get the cosmos to start up. Opening the VIVE console only gives me a 205 error with no possibility of waking up the headset, no matter how much I clear or restart it. The light on the cosmos stays red all the time and I've only seen it turn green for a very brief moment once. Pairing controllers works fine.

The 1.2GB cosmos software download also doesn't start/complete, but the former one (which is about 600mb) does. I didn't think it was much of an issue but here I am with a useless headset. I also don't notice windows installing any device drivers - there's no popup in the task bar or anything but USBDeview does show the USB devices but they all use the regular windows drivers from 2006.

I did notice that connecting the headset and turning on the power enables most USB devices, but the audio ones disconnect short thereafter (also reflected in USBDeview). Surprisingly, it does seem to work for as short as it does as the audio sometimes does come through the headset and then immediately disconnects again.

image.png.6612d9c8a5060bc443c29e390015fb78.png

If the cosmos drivers indeed are not downloading then I hope this gets fixed, but if it's somehow related to my mobo/usb ports then I'm afraid I'm screwed. I'm going to try and disable overclocking and flashing the bios tomorrow to see if that helps anything, but the 205 error seems to signify that something in the software is not working as intended.

I'm running Windows 10 1909 on a Vega 56 and a MSI Hawk B450 mobo with a Ryzen 2700 OC'd to 4ghz. Haven't had any USB or system problems before and Windows MR worked perfectly fine.

2 minutes ago, patatkoning said:

I am experiencing the same (I think). I can't get the cosmos to start up. Opening the VIVE console only gives me a 205 error with no possibility of waking up the headset, no matter how much I clear or restart it. The light on the cosmos stays red all the time and I've only seen it turn green for a very brief moment once. Pairing controllers works fine.

The 1.2GB cosmos software download also doesn't start/complete, but the former one (which is about 600mb) does. I didn't think it was much of an issue but here I am with a useless headset. I also don't notice windows installing any device drivers - there's no popup in the task bar or anything but USBDeview does show the USB devices but they all use the regular windows drivers from 2006.

I did notice that connecting the headset and turning on the power enables most USB devices, but the audio ones disconnect short thereafter (also reflected in USBDeview). Surprisingly, it does seem to work for as short as it does as the audio sometimes does come through the headset and then immediately disconnects again.

image.png.6612d9c8a5060bc443c29e390015fb78.png

If the cosmos drivers indeed are not downloading then I hope this gets fixed, but if it's somehow related to my mobo/usb ports then I'm afraid I'm screwed. I'm going to try and disable overclocking and flashing the bios tomorrow to see if that helps anything, but the 205 error seems to signify that something in the software is not working as intended.

I'm running Windows 10 1909 on a Vega 56 and a MSI Hawk B450 mobo with a Ryzen 2700 OC'd to 4ghz. Haven't had any USB or system problems before and Windows MR worked perfectly fine.

Yes exactly. What they also call this is “dikke pech” 

please let me know if you have a solution.. where did you bought this in Holland?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nogal "dikke pech" ja 😛

Got this one from CoolBlue, full price even. I can send it back, but I really don't want to until I know for sure it's a faulty unit and not something on my end.

I'll hopefully cover some ground tomorrow. If I find something that works, I'll be sure to post it, but I can't fix the software if the problem lies there.

I also just noticed that the VIVE console doesn't report a version number:

image.png.22e727d81bb5fbf95bf5c43aca37d980.png