Laptop with no dp/mdp

Morne

I got the vive cosmos without realizing it required a dp/mdp connection. My laptop does not have either port connection on it (I know, I was surprised to realize it myself since it's fairly new). I also understand that an HDMI to dp adapter would not support the system. I was wondering if using an external video card with a dp connection available would be a viable option and if so could you give me a recommendation for said card that would handle most games available (I have a feeling my GTX 1650 card might not quite cut it). I'd really hate to have to return the VR set but if I have nothing that can run it then that's where I'm at.

Specs for reference:

System Manufacturer    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
System Model    ROG Strix G531GT_G531GT

Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
Video Card    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650

USB Port    Intel(R) USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 (Microsoft)  

If you need more info please let me know, the above just seemed the most relevant.

I also realize there will be a performance hit for using a GPU due to CPU bandwidth being stretched thin and I'm willing to accept that over having to buy a new computer.

@Morne - The spec page for the ROG Strix G531GT_G531GT say that the USB-C port on that laptop specifically offers Displayport support on that specific laptop. You'd probably want to confirm that with the OEM directly, but if it can actually output from your Nvidia graphics card to that USB=C port, then you might able to use this adapter to drive support.

Please also see this more detailed response: