Faceplate promo code?

Hooflee

Any chance of a promo  code for people who own the cosmos ?

I've also got an og vive base station and controllers so just a discount on the faceplate would be awesome.

I would like to take my cosmos out of storage and actually use it ^_^

@Hooflee In Australia the original price of the Elite faceplate-only was aud$349.  This is now aud$399 but includes a free copy of Alyx  (worth about aud$84).  So, technically maybe a bit of discount but not much, lol!  Honestly, for me, Vive would either need to offer this faceplate free and/or fix inside-out tracking before I'll take my OG Cosmos out of its box again.

15 hours ago, TomCgcmfc said:

@Hooflee In Australia the original price of the Elite faceplate-only was aud$349.  This is now aud$399 but includes a free copy of Alyx  (worth about aud$84).  So, technically maybe a bit of discount but not much, lol!  Honestly, for me, Vive would either need to offer this faceplate free and/or fix inside-out tracking before I'll take my OG Cosmos out of its box again.

Not much of a discount seeing as I already bought the game already....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Beta_Tester said:

I've been a strong supporter of HTC since they released the Vive. They were the trailblazers in the VR arena, now up against the might of Facebook. It's always healthy to have competition, even in niche areas like VR. Their products have been excellent so far, the Cosmos tracking being the major exception.

So I was really happy when they announced the external tracking faceplates. However, the price-point of the faceplates is pretty appalling. They are going to put a lot of Vive enthusiasts off with this. I'm starting to consider going over to the dark side 😳

If you can afford it, like I can, I suggest finding/buying a Vive Pro full kit w/2.0 base stations/controllers. This headset may make you a Vive supporter again imho.