Can't get camera working with Cosmos with Elite faceplate and wireless

JonStatt

II hope I am missing somthing obvious here but I ordered the upgrade external tracking faceplate for my Cosmos which works fine with my old light houses but I simply cannot get the camera to work. There is no camera option in settings in SteamVR and camera is greyed out is Vive Console settings.

I have a camera device in device manager which appears whenever I power up the headset wirelessly, called UVC Camera

In the logs I see

Camera Firmware:     Version not available.

Wed Jun 10 2020 19:19:37.469 - lighthouse: TrackedCamera: Failed to find camera at USB VID:0BB4, USB PID:030C
Wed Jun 10 2020 19:19:37.471 - lighthouse: TrackedCamera: Failed to find camera at USB VID:0BB4, USB PID:2C87
Wed Jun 10 2020 19:19:37.473 - lighthouse: TrackedCamera: Failed to find camera at USB VID:114D, USB PID:8328
Wed Jun 10 2020 19:19:37.488 - lighthouse: TrackedCamera: Worker thread OpenCamera result: NotFound.
Wed Jun 10 2020 19:19:37.488 - lighthouse: InitTrackedCamera(): Failed to open expected camera on (LHR-9B0AC187): NotFound. Camera services not available.
Wed Jun 10 2020 19:19:37.488 - lighthouse: TrackedCamera: Stopping Video Stream For Camera Shutdown.

The UVC camera in Device Manager shows USB VID:0BB4, USB PID:0313

Ive tried removing USB drivers, reinstall steam/vr, reinstall Vive console etc. I am at a loss

Can anyone kindly help?

Thank you. Just as you posted, I stumbled across this

https://www.vive.com/eu/support/cosmos-elite/category_howto/seeing-real-surroundings-not-supported.html

As I had a cosmos with new faceplate I didn't come across this at first. This may catch out a few Cosmos owners who add the external tracking faceplate and have been used to the camera working!

I do hope support will be added.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@C.T.
Can teams kindly activate this even if its really lame, I am a graphic designer, and this single inability of pass through is restricting my use.
As of yet Blender does not have full VR creation support just View.
Would really love to be able to see keyboard on my desk while in VR using Desktop OVR apps.
For instance be in NeosVR/Sansar/VRchat, bring up any OVR place a Desktop screen in front of me inside the VR platforms and see my SADES Lefthand only keyboard with Blender mapped shortcuts, regular keyboard, and mouse under it.
At the moment i have to setup windows in OVR tools that show Photos of my keyboards, mouse and manually find and place the windows in the room coordinates of my OVR space, but is not the same.
And has to be resetup each time I load into VR.
Passthrough would allow me to work in VR and socialize as well as interact better with my customers.  
Passthrough could even be locked to a low refresh rate i won't care, just need to see relative position of my hands to keyboard not play catch with a ball in Reality with my head buried  in VR.
I figured Elite would have this capability when I bought it, until this is added I spend all my time in Desktop and barely use my VR due to it.
Please ask the Devs to do a SteamVR beta and Vive Beta for the Elite passthrough, I'll take whatever they have and can report issues/testing.
Don't tell me to flip up my headset, release the passthrough even if it is wonky.
Please free me from desktop as you promised with this headset!

Edited by darkfyrealgoma
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Excuse me but why isn't this functionality currently supported? Having Passthrough functionality was one of the main reasons I bought this headset and now I find out it isn't even supported? Even the first Vive headset had passthrough, you shouldn't release a 3rd generation headset that can't even do a basic function the 1st generation headset can do. 

Does SRWorks or hand tracking even work with this headset or has that also been nixxed? I am using a Vive Cosmos Elite if that helps. I would expect this functionality to at least work with a Wired regular connection, like it did for the HTC Vive Pro. What am I supposed to do with this headset now that it doesn't have the functionality I expected it to have? This is very unprofessional to release a headset missing functionality that it should have. There are 4 cameras on this thing and you tell me none of them are working currently? I was hoping to have a headset with 4 passthrough cameras... but in the least, expected at least 2 like the previous Vive Pro had, and instead I get 0???

• Like 1

Bumping out of sheer curiosity.

Allegedly the passthrough cameras work when you're using a regular cosmos faceplate, so what exactly about the elite faceplate is preventing this feature from working?

Please give us more than just a vague answer, will this or will this not be a feature on the cosmos elite?

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

@C.T.

On 6/14/2020 at 11:22 PM, C.T. said:

Teams are working on it, it's not as simple as it looks. 

Any updates on the progress of this or if it's even still being worked on (or has this been abandoned for the XR faceplate)? 

On 9/3/2020 at 6:41 PM, SapphireSouls said:

Bumping out of sheer curiosity.

Allegedly the passthrough cameras work when you're using a regular cosmos faceplate, so what exactly about the elite faceplate is preventing this feature from working?

Please give us more than just a vague answer, will this or will this not be a feature on the cosmos elite?

Can you confirm if pass-through works with the regular cosmos faceplate?

Does pass-through work with the Cosmos Motion Faceplate?

Thanks in advance.

Richard.

On 1/10/2021 at 11:03 PM, SapphireSouls said:

I cannot help there, I own an Elite. Hence asking for updates about the cameras.

Sorry @SapphireSouls, I should have made it a bit clearer the message was for C.T. but I do appreciate your reply 🙂

22 hours ago, Beta_Tester said:

Passthrough camera works fine with the motion faceplate.

@Beta_Tester Thank you, that's good to know. I guess I'll have to decide on if I'll get the motion faceplate, wait for the XR faceplate to become available or wait and hope that passthrough will be enabled for the Elite's stock faceplate (or until we're told that it won't be happening). Hopefully they'll get passthrough sorted out for the Elite's stock faceplate; the idea of spending another +$200 just to have AR kind of bites, especially since I mostly plan on using it for the development of AR apps/games.