Don't have DisplayPort

I got a new HTC VIVE COSMOS and during the setup it need a display port which is included in the box. The problem is that the displayport is too big to fit in any slot in my computer. I have a razer blade 15 btw which has graphics that are VR ready and everything except a display port slot. It has a hdmi port however and I am thinking a mini displayport to hdmi would work but don't wanna waste my money. people with the same problem what should I do?

@AmandaBruh

• You're technically now able to request a free miniDisplayport Adapter via www.vive.com/support -> Contact Us -> Contact Us
    • Otherwise, I would recommend the 3 foot version of this cable. It is known to work with Pro/Cosmos and is under $10 USD. This may be a faster option depending on where in the world you are.
  • On that specific laptop, you need to disable "Discrete Thunderbolt support" in the BIOS. Please see this post for instructions.
    • If you don't disable this option, headsets will not work.
    • I have the 2070MQ version of this laptop and can confirm that you still need to disable Discrete Thunderbolt Support.

Razer - Blade 15.6" Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 - 512GB SSD - Black

that I got from best buy the link is here https://www.bestbuy.com/site/razer-blade-15-6-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i7-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-2060-512gb-ssd-black/6409400.p?skuId=6409400 and it doesn't include a mini displayport it has a hdmi port I saw this thing that you can connect to your computer and it gives you more ports including the display port so if I can't do anything then I will do that but I am buying a mini display port to hdmi port and seeing if it works.

@AmandaBruh

Oh snap, my bad. I actually haven't come across that variant and was not aware they were producing RTX models devoid of . In some cases you can use a USB-C -> Dispayport adapter to drive support for headsets. This is the most reliable adapter we've found for current gen HMDs.

That said, it becomes hyper model specific because the USB-C port must both: A) Support Displayport 1.2+ Signaling; and B) Must physically wired up to the Nvidia dGPU rather than just the integrated graphics chipset.

The specs sheet for that laptop say the following: USB 3.1 Gen 1 (USB-A) x 2, USB-C 3.2 Gen 2, Thunderbolt™ 3 (USB-C). Which doesn't bode well. In this case, I would recommend contacting Razer directly and asking them if one of those ports can support Displayport 1.2+ signaling via the Nvidia dGPU. If they say no - not only will that laptop not support Cosmos - it will not support any current gen Desktop HMD (Index, Rift S, Pimax Ect...).

On 6/16/2020 at 2:58 PM, AmandaBruh said:

I got a new HTC VIVE COSMOS and during the setup it need a display port which is included in the box. The problem is that the displayport is too big to fit in any slot in my computer. I have a razer blade 15 btw which has graphics that are VR ready and everything except a display port slot. It has a hdmi port however and I am thinking a mini displayport to hdmi would work but don't wanna waste my money. people with the same problem what should I do?

My GU502LW has a thunderbolt 3... I bought a Videoport to Thunder adapter and it worked great!

• 2 years later...