The Truth HTC Needs To Hear

9 hours ago, Wolf_Spider said:

And a way to cheaply upgrade existing cosmos owners as compensation for being their beta testers.

I wish, they sent out a email about the end of financial year sale which had the upgrade kit (faceplate, base stations and controllers) and it was $949 AUD. which was marked down from $1000+ AUD That is ridiculous.

• 2 weeks later...

Good points on the video. HTC's biggest mistakes ever were overpriced products, and rumors of bad customer support. Apart from that having owned OG Vive and Vive Pro (currently Index and Quest), The Vive Pro it's still one of the best all round HMD on the market to date. Having a few trade offs with Index, but it seems in terms of hardware quality it lasts longer than Index for sure.  Vive Cosmos was really a mystery to me in terms of it's place on the market being the most expensive inside-out tracked HMD. I really wish one of those top VR manufacturers finally figured out a proper inside out where occlusion never exists (maybe a camera placed on a bump or some sort of plastic antenna - like  pointing down 45 degrees), but unfortunately so far it seems that Oculus have been the closest one to provide a decent inside out tracking yet far from perfect. 

• Like 1

No need to ask HTC to hear or dream anything. If they listen, they should have done something or posted roadmap in their twitter or such. 

In short, issuing worldwide recall or free upgrade to Cosmos Elite. AND Just put off the Original Cosmos from the shelf, it is faulty product.

• Like 1