Corrupted data on monitor and bad tracking

Some weird behavior I'm investigating.

After one of the beta releases I got this kind of corrupted data displayed on monitor

spacer.png

Also suddenly in VR all became very slow and tracking was very bad. I switched back to a not-beta release and all was working fine.

Since yesterday I have this problem running consistently both on standard and beta firmware. I tried multiple troubleshooting (beta/not beta, change USB port, reboot, restart Vive console, restart SteamVR, etc), nothing changed.

3 hours ago, davide445 said:

@VibrantNebula @SanityGaming

The GPU is working well in any other case, not sure why can start behaving in this way only in VR and only in this app, and only after a Vive update.

What's your GPU... you've not answered any of the questions. and so what? you can buy a brand new 2080TI and it can have artifacting... and it can be EVGA , ASUS e.t.c hell even AMD cards have artifacting, you can overclock or run certain programs sometimes they won't artifact until after sometime e.t.c   VR GAMES and VR APPLICATIONS are more demanding than regular games..

Edited by SanityGaming

13 hours ago, SanityGaming said:

What's your GPU... you've not answered any of the questions. and so what?

Sorry didn't understood there was questions 🙂

I have a KFA2 (Galax) GTX 1070 EX, no OC, no underclock, BIOS provided from the producer.

But I purchased it on Ebay even if from a top seller, so maybe something is starting to go wrong....even if I didn't understood why only with a single application (the one I need now unfortunatelly!).

Edited by davide445

14 minutes ago, davide445 said:

Sorry didn't understood there was questions 🙂

I have a KFA2 (Galax) GTX 1070 EX, no OC, no underclock, BIOS provided from the producer.

But I purchased it on Ebay even if from a top seller, so maybe something is starting to go wrong....even if I didn't understood why only with a single application (the one I need now unfortunatelly!).

Was it brand new, sealed never used... any signs of use?

They probably used it for bitcoin or datamining, that or they used it so much it made it fail, you should never buy a GPU USED without knowing anything, it's an old 1070 past it's prime, more than likely used so much, GPUS can suffer performance issues depending on circumstances. It's going to be a GPU issue..

Sorry you can't do anything, as I said, ARTIFACTING is more or so usually a VRAM issue, it's more than likely been overclocked (NOT BY YOU) but the other user and ruined or something, a top seller doesn't mean nothing, you can be a top seller sell like 10x 2080tis that were used and were used for mining... that's extremely bad.. 

Also a 1070 is near MINIMUM requirements, that's a pretty bad GPU for VR.. you should be using higher.. yes cards like 1070, 290X e.t.c can be used, but it's the game requirements you should look at! demanding more from a GPU than it can actually do is bad.. you should never do that... like I said, certain applications and games.. 

http://www.playtool.com/pages/artifacts/artifacts.html
Just one site, plenty of sites that can explain artifacting.

Once a GPU develops artifacting, there's like nothing you can do... sorry man, you can put plasters on it, or maybe even try to hold out, but at the end, it can get worse..

Edited by SanityGaming
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SanityGaming said:

Was it brand new, sealed never used... any signs of use?

Was used but in theory in good conditions. Was working without problems in last year.

Tested the VRAM using GPUMemTest and seems ok, not sure if these programs can capture these kind of errors.

Purchased before going for VR, but seemed good enough for my needs. Planning to upgrade to 2070S for next projects, but so far I need it working.

Edited by davide445

1 hour ago, davide445 said:

Was used but in theory in good conditions. Was working without problems in last year.

Tested the VRAM using GPUMemTest and seems ok, not sure if these programs can capture these kind of errors.

Purchased before going for VR, but seemed good enough for my needs. Planning to upgrade to 2070S for next projects, but so far I need it working.

Nope those sorts of apps wont detect that,  and yeah I guessed as much that it was used, and a year is enough for it to finally die, my guess it was being used under heavy load, or the owner refused to state it had artifacting, like i said, even brand new cards can get artifacting, it's sometimes like the lottery. or a CPU OVERCLOCK, some will overclock higher than others.. Like, 2 people can have an i9-9900k and 1 may get 4.5ghz, the other could get 4.7ghz.. 

Sorry man, one plaster to this would be UNDERCLOCK THE GPU, may or may not resolve anything, but again, it'll be a PLASTER!, and a 2070S is perfect

• Thanks 1