Deluxe Audio Strap and TPCast

Strawb77

thought i`d post this for all interested in these two accsessories and how they would work together (or not).

a bit clumsily plonked together but they do go, but where`s the TPC battery go (my main concern)?

anyway, good to see both together for now...

The cord is my only Vive annoyance. Therefore, this is on the top of my shopping list currently. The battery is connected to the headset through a cord and can be stuffed in a back pocket, attached to a belt, etc.. I'll probably go with the smaller battery option, but get a spare battery so I am always ready.

I did see HTC is working on their own offical wireless connection.. I might just hold out to see what they have developed. All in all, 2017 is shaping up to be an exciting year for VR. 

the TPCast is the official Vive jobbie isn`t it?

thing about the battery i was on about is that it fits on the back of the strap like this;

but the Deluxe Audio Strap has a knob at rear, exactly where the TPC battery would go;

i`m sure the boffins would have taken this into account but it just means that i, the sort of early adopter that is the life-blood of these endeavours, and who wants both of these products, am going to sit on my cash until i have a clearer perspective of what is what.

i`ve seen reports that the TPC is supposed to be open for global pre-orders Q2 this year- and that pre-orders on the chinese Vive site ran out in minutes, so i am very keen to see a quick resolution.

having the battery on a flying lead and in your pocket just doesn`t work for me as you`re just changing one wire for another.

i`ve also seen that there is a mark 2 cable for the Vive proper, which is a lot lighter and thinner, but that may not appear until the Vive 2.0 hits the decks.

I guess it is official, but they are working on something else too. I know HTC is working with Intel on one. I think I'll wait to see what that one looks like:

http://www.roadtovr.com/htc-intel-partner-new-wigig-wireless-vr-solution/

As for the battery on the TPCAST. They have a long cord that you can use to keep the battery around your waist level. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not yet, .

The TPcast is only one wireless solution so far. They're part of the ViveX incubator program, but they're not our 'official' wireless solution. I've been told (haven't seen myself) that the TPcast and the audio strap work very well together.

• 6 months later...

hi rocky

well both the tpcast and deluxe audio strap are live on amazon now- exactly the ones i posted.

they don`t look like they will play nicely together to me.

as community wrangler are you yet able to clarify this position?

Archived