SRanipal_SDK_1.1.0.1 on UE4.25.3

cte

Problem

• I'm having some difficulty getting the plugin for unreal engine installed for the Vive Pro Eye Headset.
  • Following the directions in the documentation leads to compile errors when I go to launch the project.
  • In short, I can't get the plugin to compile or the project to load correctly.

Done:

• [X] - Installed and running steam VR
  • [X] - Installed and running SR_Runtime
  • [X] - Calibrated Eye Tracker in Steam VR

Error Trigger

• Pasted unzipped unreal plugin into C++ blank UE4 project.
  • Returned message from unreal:

MyProject Could not be compiled. Try rebuilding them from the source manually.

• Result of manual compilation via project.sln
    • Menu -> Build -> Build Solution

Error    MSB3073    The command "C:\Windows\System32\chcp.com 65001 >NUL

C2248    'USceneComponent::RelativeLocation': cannot access private member declared in class 'USceneComponent'

C2248    'USceneComponent::RelativeLocation': cannot access private member declared in class 'USceneComponent'

--------------------------------------------------------

I'm also trying to follow the directions in part 3 of :

------------------------------------------------------------

For Context:

• I'm a researcher at the University of Michigan and have a series of studies I would like to gather eye tracking data from (especially blink rate and pupil dilatation). We are using a fully developed VR environment in UE4 to give several treatments to participants.

@cte there is going to be an updated version of SRanipal in about a week from now with support for UE4.24 and UE4.25.
However, the errors you are getting can be easily fixed if you create a c++ unreal project and then modify the SRanipal plugin code to replace RelativeLocation with GetRelativeLocation().

@MariosBikos_HTC has the update for this released?

I'm trying a re-downloaded version of the SDK and am still getting some errors that are different than those you've helped me with above.

Namely:

Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State
Error    C1083    Cannot open include file: 'DartBoard.h': No such file or directory    MyProject    Z:\Unreal Projects\MyProject\Plugins\SRanipal\Source\SRanipal\Private\Eye\DartBoard.cpp    3   

image.thumb.png.8e0562f397d958c5030ce804dc5ee2c9.png

AND

"Z:\Epic Games\UE_4.25\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat" MyProjectEditor Win64 Development -Project="Z:\Unreal Projects\MyProject\MyProject.uproject" -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild" exited with code 6.    MyProject    Z:\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets    46    

image.thumb.png.390ab63bfb1c07b94f2a29d2656c652b.png

--------------------------------------------------

Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong on my end.

The process has been as follows:

1. Start new blank C++ project in UE4.25.3

2. Close project and paste in extracted plugin from: https://hub.vive.com/en-US/download found in "SRanipal_version\03_Unreal\Vive-SRanipal-Unreal-Plugin.zip"

3. Start project

-- Error State --

MyProject Could not be compiled. Try rebuilding them from the source manually.

4. Opened Visual Studio file and go to build.

-- Error States --

<See above>

-------------------------------------------------

Best,

Connor Esterwood

NICE! I'll hang out till the 24th then since it isn't much more of a wait.

brent rambo thumbs up GIF

Just found some time today between playing with a Shimmer GSR to give this another go.

I'll update this forum after the release and see if it is working for me next time I have a chance to dig into the eye tracking SDK.

Thanks for the help so far 🙂

Downloaded the latest version of the SDK on 09/28/20 and I am still seeing a similar errors I was seeing before this release.

Download URL: https://hub.vive.com/en-US/download

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ERRORS and Screen-caps:

Error    C1083    Cannot open include file: 'DartBoard.h': No such file or directory    MyProject    Z:\Unreal Projects\MyProject\Plugins\SRanipal\Source\SRanipal\Private\Eye\DartBoard.cpp    3    

image.thumb.png.02d6308906921f1c621d6952ff870dc0.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Z:\Epic Games\UE_4.25\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat" MyProjectEditor Win64 Development -Project="Z:\Unreal Projects\MyProject\MyProject.uproject" -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild" exited with code 6.    MyProject    Z:\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets    46   

image.thumb.png.cb7cd6645f6c9aeec954b2d6cb63fc1a.png

Applied fix detailed by @MariosBikos_HTC above and additional errors were triggered.

=======================================================

Fix Applied to: ~\Unreal Projects\MyProject\Plugins\SRanipal\Source\SRanipal\SRanipal.Build.cs

https://content.invisioncic.com/n286256/monthly_2020_03/image.png.0d44bb7358d5fc961cf820fc6f78a4a1.png

Modified SRanipal.Build.cs Attached.

SRanipal.Build.cs

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Errors

Error    C2248    'USceneComponent::RelativeLocation': cannot access private member declared in class 'USceneComponent'    MyProject    Z:\Unreal Projects\MyProject\Plugins\SRanipal\Source\SRanipal\Private\Eye\SRanipal_AvatarEyeSample.cpp    107    

Error    C2248    'USceneComponent::RelativeLocation': cannot access private member declared in class 'USceneComponent'    MyProject    Z:\Unreal Projects\MyProject\Plugins\SRanipal\Source\SRanipal\Private\Eye\SRanipal_AvatarEyeSample.cpp    108   

Error    C2248    'USceneComponent::RelativeLocation': cannot access private member declared in class 'USceneComponent'    MyProject    Z:\Unreal Projects\MyProject\Plugins\SRanipal\Source\SRanipal\Private\Eye\SRanipal_AvatarEyeSample_v2.cpp    107   

Error    C2248    'USceneComponent::RelativeLocation': cannot access private member declared in class 'USceneComponent'    MyProject    Z:\Unreal Projects\MyProject\Plugins\SRanipal\Source\SRanipal\Private\Eye\SRanipal_AvatarEyeSample_v2.cpp    108   

Error    C1076    compiler limit: internal heap limit reached    MyProject    Z:\Unreal Projects\MyProject\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\c1xx    1   

Error    C3859    Failed to create virtual memory for PCH    MyProject    Z:\Unreal Projects\MyProject\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\c1xx    1   

Warning        Library 'SRanipal.lib' was not resolvable to a file when used in Module 'SRanipal', assuming it is a filename and will search library paths for it. This is slow and dependency checking will not work for it. Please update reference to be fully qualified alternatively use PublicSystemLibraryPaths if you do intended to use this slow path to suppress this warning.    MyProject    Z:\Unreal Projects\MyProject\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\UnrealBuildTool    1   

"Z:\Epic Games\UE_4.25\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Rebuild.bat" MyProjectEditor Win64 Development -Project="Z:\Unreal Projects\MyProject\MyProject.uproject" -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild" exited with code -1.    MyProject    Z:\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets    54