No wireless display

richie079

So long story short, i brought a wireless adapter about a year ago, two months into using it the display decided to stop working. I got no joy from HTC or  Amazon in terms of support so i just wrote off the cost of it and put it in a cupboard, this bring us to today when i wanted to give it another go and see if i can fix it.... I cannot.

The Vive headset works perfectly when using the link box, I have connected it to the link box with both the standard cable and the shorter wireless cable, both provide display, audio and tracking. When i switch to the wireless unit i have used the standard cable and the shorter wireless cable and get tracking, audio, but no display. This says to me the cables are not at fault but rather the wireless unit itself, i do not have the correct sized torx bits to take it apart right now but that is on my list to do.

I am on the verge of just buying another wireless unit but do not want to waste a second load of cash if this is just going to come back and haunt me again.

Has anyone experienced this issue? if so how did they fix it?