Rigel V1.0 released - All in One Full Body Motion Capture

EnterRealityVR

I'm very proud to announce that Rigel, my "All in One" Full Body Motion Capture solution built using Unreal Engine 4 for body, fingers and face, has been released!

Rigel Release Video

You can download and try the demo using this link:

Rigel V1.0 Demo

I also created a series of Video Tutorials, in order to understand the Vive Trackers setup and how to use Rigel, and a detailed documentation page:

Rigel Video Tutorials

Rigel Documentation

I want to personally thank Noitom for providing support and hardware over the years, so thanks to Dr. Tristan Dai, Alex and all the team.

I also would like to thank Valve for sending me the Valve Knuckles.

A huge shout out to Ian Ross, who took care of converting Rigel to C++, fixing bugs and creating the plugin.

Thanks to Epic Games for creating Unreal Engine and becoming my favourite software of all time.

If you would like to know more about Rigel, use the link below:

https://www.enter-reality.it/project-rigel

Best Regards,

Nicolas Esposito

• 1 month later...

Rigel V1.2 has been released

I did several improvements over Rigel during the last month, in order to make the hands and feet tracking more precise, and also adding some unique features, such as the integration of a Full Body VR setup with advanced interactivity using the Vive Controllers, Valve Knuckles and Noitom Hi5.

V1.2 Rigel Updates

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
Rigel has been update to V1.6, adding the following features and fixes:

- Arms Delta added: UI > Advanced Settings > Arms Delta sliders for Up/Down/X allows you to dynamically extend/shorten the arms reach
- Hips height is now automatically set after the initial calibration ( no longer floating feet or bent legs after calibration )
- Fixed clavicles popping when arm raised
- Fixed MetaHumans UI
Standard and VR Demo have been updated
- Rigel for Unreal Engine 5 ( experimental version ) available: since Noitom Hi5 plugin is not yet available, you'll get some errors and/or crashes, but you'll be able to test Rigel on UE5!