New motherboard and wireless issues

joellipenta

I recently swapped motherboards from an MSI Z370m Gaming Pro AC to an ASUS Strix Z390-F Gaming and am having an issue with the wireless adapter. I have the Cosmos Elite and previously, I could play for a while without getting the blue/grey screen or the picture cutting out. On the new motherboard, I couldn't even play for an hour before the picture went completely black and would not turn back on. Less than an hour of playing is pretty bad. I had to switch back to wired just to enjoy my headset again. My PC's specs are:

i7-8700K @ 4.9GHz
ASUS Strix Z390-F Gaming Motherboard
EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra
32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz
Games are on one of two M.2 SSD drives

The line of sight is perfectly clear as it was previously. I have the WiGig card in the bottom PCIEX16 slot if that makes a difference. I know the 8700K only has 6 cores but I have seen plenty of other users have great success with the wireless kit and I'd like to be a part of that club. Thanks!

mobo_layout.png

HtcCU_20201024_194519_13212.txt

Few troubleshooting tips for black screens, 

1) Check the LED status on HMD when you went black screen
2) Check the battery health and capacity when issue happened
3) Try different type A -> type A between wireless adapter and battery bank.

Feel free to post more feedback.

4 minutes ago, C.T. said:

Few troubleshooting tips for black screens, 

1) Check the LED status on HMD when you went black screen
2) Check the battery health and capacity when issue happened
3) Try different type A -> type A between wireless adapter and battery bank.

Feel free to post more feedback.

Hi @C.T.!

1) The LED light was still green. I could still hear the game running in the background (I was playing Angry Birds VR which isn't graphically intensive).
2) The battery was fully charged prior to playing. I am using an Anker 20000mAh QC 3.0 battery that I had used previously with no issues. Not sure how to check its health though.

3) I am not using the stock USB cable. I purchased this cable per another user's recommendation several months ago and had no issues prior to the motherboard swap.

Any other logs I could provide or other things to check? I'd really like to be wireless again. I miss the freedom so much when playing combat-intensive games like GORN and Blade & Sorcery.

44 minutes ago, C.T. said:

hmm, it seems to me the USB was disconnected. 
I supposed you may not have an extra all in one cable to cross checking my assumption right?

The 3-in-1 cable from the headset to the wireless adapter? If so, no, I don't have an extra, just the short one that came with the wireless kit.

1 hour ago, Gyroquake said:

It is recommended to put the card in the port closest to the CPU  ( PCIEX1_1 ).
Also putting the wireless card on the PCI port which is shared with the GPU is not really good.

Thanks for the info! I was able to put it in the PCIEX1_1 slot right above the GPU so it's now closest to the CPU. Fit like a glove. Once I get the new cables, I'll test and report back here. Appreciate it!

J'ai exactement les mêmes soucis sans avoir à changer la configuration sur mon PC je n'avais pas eu ce problème avant maintenant my headset s'éteignent soudainement, pas de signal vidéo ou sonore et se rallument pendant 3 à 4 minutes après avec beaucoup de temps donc que le son revient également.

Edited by osirix