Red Light (I've tried everything)

Tsexton

My son was playing for about an hour three nights ago. There were firmware updates that had to be performed initially. When it was time to eat he set the HMD down on the couch. He went back to play approximately 15 minutes later and the light on the HMD went from green to red. SteamVR shows error 108 and all the icons are greyed out. We have tried every suggestion in cluding new cables. I used my son's computer and did a fresh install/setup. When it gets to the connection test it successfully completes the HDMI test, the usb test continues indifinately with the blue symbol spinning. I tested the link box by plugging in a flash drive on the HMD side USB port and the drive was recognized, plugging the HMD USB cable back into the link box does nothing, there is no audible sounds to indicate it was plugged in. Using a different usb cable from the HMD to the link box does not work either. Please help. Thanks

Hey , yes, this is possibly a hardware issue - could either be the HMD or the link box.

Follow the link in my sig to the right support page for you, and try the live chat to talk to someone who can take you through troubleshooting steps.

Hi ,

Have you been able to get in touch with our care team? Let me know if I or my team can assist.  We are monitoring the forums daily and will respond to Vive and customer care related issues as needed. Please keep me posted.

Thanks!

John

Archived