external video input

wouter

He Guys,

Does anyone know a way to use an external video input? I have a computer playing a 360 video (outputting it over hdmi) and i would like the vive to just use the hdmi as input and then use head tracking when watching the video. 

cheers!

Thanks for your reply! I was afraid of that. Do you know if there's a player that can sync (preferbly as slave) to other applications? For example trough smpte/ltc? I haven't been able to find one.

What i'm trying to do is, get it to play a movi in sync with my own audio system.

thanks again!

Ah, I see, . Sounds like you're going for a big-time home cinema experience. :)

It is possible to have speakers reflect your Vive audio, by checking SteamVR settings / audio / mirror audio. That way, assuming your speakers are connected to your PC (and we're not talking about say, a separate home audio system) you should find it's all in sync with whatever's in the headset. Mirroring this way also allows whoever's in VR to listen in headphones if you wish.

Would that help?

He Stephen, Thank you for your answer! Yes you're right! A big experience that is. What i meant with audio system is (actually a complete music studio) and we're testing setups with alot of speakers. So i'm looking for a way to sync the audio and video systems. One way is to embed a ltc/smpte audio sync signal (which is plain audio) into the movie and send the audio to my workstation who can then slave to this. But ideally i would like to slave the video to the audio, since audio is much more picky. But it looks we might have to dive into the sdk and develop something ourselves.

thank you so much for your help!

Archived