VR Educational Game

“Milo and Brandie’s Jungle Adventure” is a startup program that engages students to retain knowledge and improve academically by incorporating their visual, auditory, and kinesthetic receivers to solve challenges. This is a virtual reality educational math program aimed for kids 4-10 years old at the moment. What do you all think of it?

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lindero.miloadventure

Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/milo-brandies-jungle-adventure/id1166891677?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

Wait while I look up kinesthetic...

OK. It looks like it could be good. Anything that gets kids (or big kids) interested has an advantage.

I hope there is a lot more to the jungle journey than they few still pictures they showed.

It's hard to speculate based on the info provided what they are doing to capitalize on VR-specific strengths. It should ideally be more than just a hook to get the kids' attention. I remember when we used to break out the movie projector for occasional presentations and it was no more interesting than listening to our regular teacher give the same lecture. We thought it was going to be something special because of dragging out the equipment but it wasn't.

So I hope this actually USES VR. For example, when the kids are asked to count the bones, they should not all be laid out in a line in front of them. There should be seven bones scattered around on the ground surrounding the kid, so she has to turn around to count them all. Maybe you have to touch all the bones and each time it makes a cool sound and/or turns gold ad/or floats up into the air and/or a number pops up indicating the count. Maybe a bone or two would be obscured by a leaf or a rock such that the kid would have to look under/around the object to see it. i.e. something that makes use of the virtual world.

Keep up the good work. I think education is one of the most promising opportunities for this technology.  As a kid, I couldn't have cared less about history or geography. But if we had had something like this, so that I could have sat if the middle of a Shakespearean play or been present at a famous speech or military event it might have been enough of an impact to crack through my otherwise-occupied mind and trick me into absorbing some of the desired material.

It would have to be college level, X-rated, but can you imagine what could be done with something like Hiroshima or the Holocaust or 9/11 or really any war? Hindenburgh? Pearl Harbor? Moon landing. There is no way that reading or watching 2D could convey the experience like VR.

-Marty

I had to laugh a few minutes ago when I saw your post about the weekend specials and I saw that Pearl Harbor was in one of the bundles!

The Apollo 11 one I've arleady watched and it was very good. Made me wish I had one of those vibrating chairs, though.

I did not know the Hindenburg was available. I'll have to check that one out, too. THANKS.

Archived