Tracked object orientation problem : HTC Vive Tracker

Santheep

Hi,

I'm facing one issue with HTC vive tracking.

When we start the tracking the Tracked game object's orientation is changed, its x axis has 90 degree rotated. I used "SteamVR_TrackedObject" script for tracking the game object.

I tried to change the tracker role to Camera, Waist and Hand held and that is not making any difference.

There is one work around mentioned in this post and that will work but I'm looking forward to a direct option if possible.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/24/2021 at 6:43 PM, Santheep said:

Hi,

I'm facing one issue with HTC vive tracking.

When we start the tracking the Tracked game object's orientation is changed, its x axis has 90 degree rotated. I used "SteamVR_TrackedObject" script for tracking the game object.

I tried to change the tracker role to Camera, Waist and Hand held and that is not making any difference.

There is one work around mentioned in this post and that will work but I'm looking forward to a direct option if possible.

@chengnay

I have seen your comments in the following post 

I tried to change the Vive tracker role like Hand held , Waist and Camera etc. But I don't see any difference to the Tracker orientation. I'm using Vive input utility plugin also in the project does that makes any difference ? I have also tried to change Vive input binding, but that also didn't work.

Other project details are also mentioned below.

Unity Version : 2020.2 

SteamVR version : v2.7.3 (sdk 1.14.15)

OpenVR : openvr-1.1.4

Vive input Utility  v1.13.1

Its been while I'm trying to figure out a solution for this, Hope the VIVE team will respond to this.

Hi @Santheep,

It seems the orientation of Vive Trackers did not change no matter which role you choose.

But, would you tell me what problem you're actually facing?

The thread you mentioned was a year ago which uses different version of SteamVR.

We don't know if anything changes in SteamVR runtime.

We can try to resolve your issue from this version onwards. 

18 hours ago, chengnay said:

Hi @Santheep,

It seems the orientation of Vive Trackers did not change no matter which role you choose.

But, would you tell me what problem you're actually facing?

The thread you mentioned was a year ago which uses different version of SteamVR.

We don't know if anything changes in SteamVR runtime.

We can try to resolve your issue from this version onwards. 

Thank you for your response.

Currently when I attaches the "SteamVR_TrackedObject" to a cube and the index is kept us the tracker its orientation changes . There is a x-rotation at 90 degrees. 

I wanted the tracker to track any object with out any orientation change. (Like if we attach the "SteamVR_TrackedObject" to any object and keeping the index to Controller or the HMD, the orientation is same )