Vive Console does not offer settings.

jimh20

Hi,

When I received my Pro 2 I completed the setup process, and chose settings in Vive Console, and in Steam VR.  I've been using my Pro 2 for five days now, very successfully.  I decided to experiment with different settings, only to find when I open the Vive Console, it displays only a small blank window with no settings.

I don't know if the following has any relevance, but I'll note here what I see as I use my Pro 2.  I have two widescreen monitors, running via Nvidia Surround, resolution 3840 x 1080.  When I go into VR, my left-hand monitor blacks out momentarily, before Steam VR window appears.  Vive Console icon appears in the taskbar but never opens, although I am happily in VR.

I have not been able to access Vive Console settings since I initially set them up.  Something is obviously wrong here.  I hope someone can help.

Regards, Jim

Sorry, no.  Sequence is:  Click Vive Console icon on desktop.  Icon now appears in taskbar.  Klick icon in taskbar.  A blank grey window 7cm x 3cm appears immediately above the taskbar.  No other response.

Task Manager describes it as Lh Status Monitor.

Edited by jimh20

Restarting the PC changes nothing.  Since I can't get into Vive Console I can make no report.  I've done the only thing open to me, uninstalling the Vive Software, downloading a fresh copy of Setup, and completing the whole setup procedure.

I can now report Vive Console working again with SteamVR, and all is well.

I would like to register a very strong impression that Vive Console does not sit comfortably with Nvidia Surround linking my two wide-screen monitors on this computer.  I had none of the momentary flashing on and off of my left-hand monitor while Vive Console starts up, when I was using my Vive Pro directly with Steam.  I've had to re-install Nvidia Surround several times in the last five days.

Regards, Jim

14 minutes ago, jimh20 said:

Restarting the PC changes nothing.  Since I can't get into Vive Console I can make no report.  I've done the only thing open to me, uninstalling the Vive Software, downloading a fresh copy of Setup, and completing the whole setup procedure.

I can now report Vive Console working again with SteamVR, and all is well.

I would like to register a very strong impression that Vive Console does not sit comfortably with Nvidia Surround linking my two wide-screen monitors on this computer.  I had none of the momentary flashing on and off of my left-hand monitor while Vive Console starts up, when I was using my Vive Pro directly with Steam.  I've had to re-install Nvidia Surround several times in the last five days.

Regards, Jim

Did you install the Vive Console via Vive.com? if so, can you try to remove Vive Software from your PC and just install the vive console via this link

I've completed a clean uninstall of Vive Console, followed by installing the Console from Steam.  I've completed a two hour trial in VR with my Pro 2, and all seems well.

I will report any further problems.  Thank you for the link to Steam.

Regard, Jim