Focus 3 issue regarding Wifi.

thedrone

Hi,

Just got my Focus 3 today and I'm having some trouble with the Wifi connection. Whenever I try to access the store or my profile, it tells me there's no connection available and I need to set up Wifi. When I do so, it tells me that I'm "connected, but no internet available". Which is very odd, because I can access the web through the Firefox browser. When I test the connection using speedtest.net, I get my ISP's maximum and a very low ping. It doesn't work flawlessly though, because certain sites are blocked and even though I can load Youtube, I can't watch any of the video's. I thought it was my router, but when I connect to it using my phone, it works perfectly.

Any thoughts? And is it safe to reset the device to its factory default?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
AJ

Figured it out after many hours of troubleshooting. It appears the issue of not being able to access the store (or my profile) is completely unrelated to my network. Instead, the issue stems from not having selected the correct timezone/region. I changed it to a different one and suddenly everything worked.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

We have been experiencing a number of odd issues setting up 15 devices in South Australia near adelaide, this is GMT +9 however the time was not correct with our daylight saving. From deduction it seems to be creating a conflict causing internet to lose connection, the device appears connected, however connecting to my vive profile it states we have no internet connection. 

I then disabled use network time, after which I did get a stable connection. Now I did reproduce this on one of the other devices so far, we are still working with telstra through some settings. HTC support could you please look at if the Network time could be causing these type of issues.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Just got my Focus 3 today and I'm having some trouble with the Wifi connection. Whenever I try to access the store or my profile, ...There could be a number of factors that affect your internet connection. First, and most likely, is  Restarting your modem/router should resolve the issue. Other reasons why your internet may keep going out include  2048 cupcakes  inadequate speeds, network congestion and inclement weather.Return to your Android device's Settings > Wireless & Networks  Wi-Fi panel and tap Wi-Fi Settings. Find your network's name (SSID) on the list of nearby Wi-Fi networks. If your network's name is not on the list, the AP or router may be hiding its SSID.